Thread: Kali 2, Play on Linux and Gaming (dependencies issues)

Kali 2, Play on Linux and Gaming (dependencies issues)

Note: I am aware that Kali Linux is not optimized for gaming so bear with me. I used to dual boot with Kali 1 and WIndows 7/10 primarily because i am an avid League of Legends gamer so typically used windows for playing LOL and Kali for experimenting with penetration testing; however due a recent windows 10 update the dual boot grub was corrupted and i was unable to repair so i decided to start fresh and reinstalled Kali with a mind to remain with Kali and try to get LOL to work in Kali. LOL linux gamers have found patch-work solutions for various distros but due to specificity of the sources for Kali i'm probably missing a lot of dependencies along with the fact that i still haven't managed to get my nividia card recognized yet.

ON the initial installation of KAli 1.xx i managed to complete an install of LOL through POL (Play on Linux) and had no trouble installing the wine dependencies in the POL configuration kit which allowed for a smoothe install but for for one reason of another - e.g., p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so - dependency issues just kept cropping up. I suspect unless i can get my nividia card to be recognized properly without any concomitant issues these kind of dependency issues in connection to my architecture, the kali build and the limitations of the sources will continue to persist unless i have a better idea as to what dependencies are missing. SO, i guess i am asking someone who has tried to do anything like this in kali already what i should be looking for? I'm going to spend this week trying to figure it out so i dont have to install windows again but also learn who to use kali's tools whilst being able to have a cheeky game from time to time.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcome....
    Last edited by haken29a; 2016-01-02 at 22:13.