Thread: Can't Add new exploits to metasploit

Can't Add new exploits to metasploit

So i was interested in trying the stagefright exploit , two version exists on exploitdb (cve-2015-1538 & 64 ) both are python exploits , looked up all the ways on the internet , it's either add them to the .msf4 folder with the respective folder tree OR add them to the original /usr/share/metasploit-framework ,also within the right folder ofcourse ....i added them to all user accounts msf5 folder, i even created msf4 folder & added it to the respective place in the /usr/share/metasploit-framework folder....i ran reload_all multiple times & even used the msfupdate command ,still no use , the number of exploits is constant and it doesn't show up in the search ,it doesn't even show up when listing all the android exploits which i added to it's fileformat folder ....so how can i add it or is there something wrong i'm missing , i expected it to show up even if will not work properly but it just doesn't ,any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-moe View Post
    So i was interested in trying the stagefright exploit , two version exists on exploitdb (cve-2015-1538 & 64 ) both are python exploits , looked up all the ways on the internet , it's either add them to the .msf4 folder with the respective folder tree OR add them to the original /usr/share/metasploit-framework ,also within the right folder ofcourse ....i added them to all user accounts msf5 folder, i even created msf4 folder & added it to the respective place in the /usr/share/metasploit-framework folder....i ran reload_all multiple times & even used the msfupdate command ,still no use , the number of exploits is constant and it doesn't show up in the search ,it doesn't even show up when listing all the android exploits which i added to it's fileformat folder ....so how can i add it or is there something wrong i'm missing , i expected it to show up even if will not work properly but it just doesn't ,any help or suggestions will be appreciated
    What I did:

1. Rename .py file to mp4.py
    2. cd to dir and ./mp4.py

Quote Originally Posted by TheMantis View Post
    What I did:

1. Rename .py file to mp4.py
    2. cd to dir and ./mp4.py
    i know i can do it this way , but then no way to add a payload or handle it properly ,also even after changing the name , the file is still full of syntax errors, u need an error free version .....metasploit makes everything easier also why can't i add an exploit , that is my main question now

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-moe View Post
    i know i can do it this way , but then no way to add a payload or handle it properly ,also even after changing the name , the file is still full of syntax errors, u need an error free version .....metasploit makes everything easier also why can't i add an exploit , that is my main question now
    ./mp4.py to create the payload then you would send email or txt the payload that user open it on the Android

and on kali (ref. google)

msfconsole

use exploit/multi/handler

set payload android/meterpreter/reversetcp