Thread: Use Apache2 instead of nginx

Use Apache2 instead of nginx

Hello,

I'm having an issue with trying to host a file. Before I updated to the new version, I could turn on apache, and place the file I want to host in /var/www/, and could easily download it from there. But now, Kali is using nginx, and putting anyfiles in /var/www are not accessible. So Apache is basically just not usable. I tried to move the files into the document root for nginx, but that didn't work. I tried to gninx, but that did nothing, and its still running, no matter what I do.

Is there some way to get it back to working with Apache?

Apache 2.4 uses the /var/www/html document root. First use 'systemctl stop nginx' (no quotes) to stop nginx. you can use 'ps -e | grep nginx' to see if it is still running. then 'systemctl start apache2' to start apache. 'netstat -tulpan' will show you the services that are listening for connections and on what port. If nginx is running before apache is started will not be able to bind itself to port 80. HTH.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardSnowdenForPres View Post
    Apache 2.4 uses the /var/www/html document root. First use 'systemctl stop nginx' (no quotes) to stop nginx. you can use 'ps -e | grep nginx' to see if it is still running. then 'systemctl start apache2' to start apache. 'netstat -tulpan' will show you the services that are listening for connections and on what port. If nginx is running before apache is started will not be able to bind itself to port 80. HTH.

Regards
    I tried all that but to no avail. What worked was completely purging nginx, AND apache2, then reinstalling apache2