Thread: Nexus 7 3G 2012 - NetHunter 3.0 KitKat

Question Nexus 7 3G 2012 - NetHunter 3.0 KitKat

Hi guys, i have Nexus 7 3G 2012 with android 4.4.4 installed and i don't want upgrade it to Lollipop is there way to install NetHunter 3.0 on 4.4.4 ?

Only Lollipop is offical supported.

Does it make sense to invest time and power in an old Android build ? In my eyes, no.
    What about the security patches ? Is your KitKat still secure ?

Upgrade, install nethunter and be happy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BeNe View Post
    Only Lollipop is offical supported.

Does it make sense to invest time and power in an old Android build ? In my eyes, no.
    What about the security patches ? Is your KitKat still secure ?

Upgrade, install nethunter and be happy :-)
    Upgrade & have a million lags & horrible worktime. 5.0.2 is very slow on N7 2012.

Hello. Have you tried the CyanogenMod 12.1 builds on your Nexus 7 2012? It might be faster than the 5.0.2 build you tried earlier. 5.1 should have been quite the improvement.

I will be porting Nethunter to CyanogenMod 12.1 for grouper and tilapia (your device) very soon, so don't fear trying it out. You can talk to me in the #nethunter channel on freenode IRC if you need assistance or wish to help out in testing.

Update: groupercm (and tilapiacm, same zip) build is up @ https://idlekernel.com/nethunter/oth...ipop-3.0.1.zip

No one's tested it yet, I have no idea if it's bootable.
    Last edited by jcadduono; 2016-01-11 at 17:30.
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono

Hello,
    I have Nexus 7 3g 2012 and wanted to test your files, but unfortunately I faced:

404 Not Found

nginx/1.9.10 luajit/2.1.0

Could you please double check the link?
    Thanks

Other as errors spamming every time I reboot into recovery I installed nethunter 3.0 on to slimkat which is kitkat, seems to of installed on top fine.

jcadduono my friend.

I keep seeing your name absolutely everywhere. A friend gave me a Grouper nexus the other day and I wanted to put Nethunter on it (thinking this would be an easy task)

I've been using Kali/Backbox/etc on my PCs for a while now and wanted something more mobile. Well to cut to the chase, I think I've flashed this tablet no less than 30 times in the last 4 days trying to get a proper updated kernel to work with this thing. Tried (keyword: tried) mixing it in with the unofficial Lineage, AOSP Nougat, tried flashing with anykernel/francos kernel but I'm regrettably just not that great at Frankensteining (this is my first android device so the whole "flashing" concept was new to me last week)

I've read every post you've posted on as well as some of Akrolla's suggestions on github but to no avail.
    The closest I've gotten was the AOSP Nougat with the 4.3 kernel and then flashing the minimal NH arm64 zip on top, but Chroot never wants to take. And even when I install the latest Chroot manually, it seems to go through by my Nethunter term keeps crashing on open. Even tried using your lazy flasher with the latest NH kernel but it would never seem to take. Even tried just unzipping a ROM, installing the apps and moving the scripts on an updated kernel but again Chroot wouldn't take and when it was forced, the terminal kept crashing.

I'm somewhat amazed at the lack of info surrounding these groupers with nethunter compared with every other model. I mean I know it's no longer supported, but even somewhat valuable posts like Blinkybears are all gone and all his links for PwnPad removed and its driving me up a WALLLL.

I wouldn't be asking if I weren't desperate at this point (I've actually started looking around for a 2013 model for cheap just to avoid these headaches :[ ) Is there ANY where you can't point me in the right direction on some material that can help me successfully port it into a custom ROM or ANYTHING that would help at this point. And I'm not explicitly asking but if you DID happen to port it into any ROMS, I don't even care what OS verison I'm on at this point.

I've searched build.nethunter.com high and low and as I feared, nothing grouper Man... any help whatsoever at this point would be so glorious. Even just links, I'd appreciate.

Regardless of how my situation turns out, bravo on your work. Keep it up.
    Peace