Thread: Replacing Ubuntu

Replacing Ubuntu

I did have a windows 10 laptop but replaced it with Ubuntu. But would like to replace with with Kali. What method is recommended. I don't see instructions for Linux. Only replacing or dual booting windows. Thanks

what do you want to accomplish?
    dual boot Kali and Ubuntu?
    clean installation of Kali?
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

Sorry, after reading that it is confusing. I would like to make a clean install of Kali and completely remove Ubuntu. I would love if it was possible to install from a USB pendrive lime Ubuntu. Thank you for your quick response.
    Last edited by evertking; 2016-01-12 at 22:25.

Can anyone help me out. The universal USB installer is only for windows. I am not trying to dual boot Ubuntu but instead wipe and remove it and clean install Kali on my laptop.

Just make a bootable kali usb drive or burn the iso to a blank dvd and boot from it. The instructions are documented.

To make kali usb: http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kal...ve-usb-install
    To install kali: http://docs.kali.org/installation/ka...d-disk-install

When you have a bootable live kali, you can delete the ubuntu partitions using gparted from inside live kali. Leave the hdd as unallocated space. Then you should be able to install kali.

Ok, thanks for all your help. I got the ISO dd over to the USB, restarted with the USB inserted but laptop boots like normal and I am greeted with Ubuntu logo. What am I doing wrong?

Check your bios settings. You need to change your boot order so it boots your usb first. When starting your computer there should be like a press F12 for setup or press del or something equivalent. In the bios settings look for boot options and set it to boot usb first.