Thread: Uninstalling Kali (Standalone/no dual boot)

Uninstalling Kali (Standalone/no dual boot)

I accidently wiped all my partitions while installing Kali, and so there is no longer any trace of windows to switch to. Im familiar with editing the partitions in windows, but linux is alien to me. I have a windows 8.1 recovery disc available, although when I insert the disc, I cant seem to find a way to run it. Im pretty new to Kali, so apologies for being a scrub. If anyone could tell me how to either run the dic, or edit the partitions in kali, it would be much appreciated.

If you don't care about the current kali partition, I think that reinstalling Windows 8.1, then installing Kali to dual boot is probably the easiest fix.

But that's the problem, I don't understand how to reinstall windows 8.1. When I put in the disc, I dont have the option to run it.

Reinstalling windows is easy. There are lots of documentation on the internet. Just google it.

Here is one: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../clean-install

Ive tried. Bios is completely gone. When putting 8.1 on a disc or usb I have no way of booting the pc from it through kali linux. When starting kali, I get no option in the grub loader. When inserting a disc or usb after I have kali running, I can see the files, but none of them are runnable to my knowledge. There's no .exe. Theres no runnable files in kali linux from a Windows disc or Usb carrying a windows reinstall

Fixed! To anyone with this issue in the future, restart the computer, at the GRUB menu press c to enter command prompt for GRUB, type exit, and from there your computer will run from the recovery disc