Thread: Kali Installation Fails At 80%

Kali Installation Fails At 80%

I deleted kali from my VirtiualBox one day and then delete the file in the virtual box vms directory on my computer. Anyways i tried to reinstall kali and i kept getting this error. I uninstall virtualbox and reinstalled it and it didn't then same error every single time at 80%. I have a Mac running the lastest version of El Capitan if thats helpful. I tried going to sae debug logs and open up logs in web server but i cant connect to the address for some reason so i cant look at the logs to try and figure out why the installation always fails. I tried googling it and no help, so can someone please help me.failed-kali-install.jpg
    Last edited by haken29a; 2016-01-16 at 01:29. Reason: Title

Hi braindeadengineer,

my first thought would be, that you allocated to less disk space. Did you choose dynamically allocating?
    Or you might simply have to less disk space on your host. (I think it needs around 8GB but it would be very good to allocate at least four times more.)

For a proper installation in VirtualBox, take a look at this thread: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...in-Virtual-Box

regards, reidamaxia

Hi braindeadengineer,

Another problem could appear, if you try to separate any partition automatically.
    If you want a separate /home or /var (or both :P) partition, look at this: http://forums.kali.org/showthread.ph...tallation-quot

Please post us your solution! We would really like to know, how you fixed your problem.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

regards, reidamaxia