Thread: Intel Centrino and Kali - A love story

Intel Centrino and Kali - A love story

Hello everyone,
    I know there are a few threads about wlan and kali, but I didn't found anything helpful so far. So, here is my problem:

I tried to install a bootable USB for an Fujitsu Laptop N532 which worked nearly perfect. The lan connection works very well, but I have difficultys with the wlan module.
    I checked the device with the commands lsub and lspci and used wireshark to look for it. It looks like it's online, because I can find it with the correct description (Intel Corporation Centrine Wireless-N 2200) in all cases, but it is impossible to log into any network. I even can't scan for networks nearby.

As I checked the wicd deamon apt and all other modules tell me it is installed, but not working. It's also impossible to run this deamon or remove it to reinstall.

I think I tried my best and now I'm right here, begging for help^^

Here is an Update for the toppic. I tried an USB-Wlan "TL-WN722N" and it was found emedeatly by kali. But I have still the same problem. There are no networks in the list to connect. Do somebody have any suggestions? Maybe another programm I can use instead the installed?

I tried it now with the terminal.
    It's possible to scan for networks, but I can't connect to any of them. By the way, it's a fritzbox I try to cnnect to and I have the macadress entered and use also the correct key for wpa2.

Another update:
    I did it! It works and here is what I did.

At first I tried to find which service is for the wlan-connection. It's called wpa_supplicant and it looks like it didn't work as it should, so i killed the process after I find the PID of it.
    Afterwards I created the wpa_supplicant conf with this:
    Code:
    wpa_passphrase SSID >> /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    SSID is a placeholder for the networkname you want to connect to. Keep in mind to write the WPA-Key behind the Code.
    Now I started the wpa_supplicant by using the followiing code:
    Code:
    wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
    The PC connects to my wlan.

Poorly I didn't know why the graphicinterface don't want to work, but I think it depends on the fact that kali is intalled to a USB. My disks-programm doesn't work either. But hey, I have connection to the web!

Another Update.
    After changing the harddisk Kali works pretty well right from the USB-drive. I removed a Samsung SSD 840 EVO. Don't know why this cause some problems with the wicd...