Thread: Kali Linux 2.0 i686 iso?

Kali Linux 2.0 i686 iso?

Im fairly new to the world of linux and am in the process of setting up kali linux in a virtual machine. All tutorials on how to do so direct me to download the kali linux 2.0 iso from the official download page. The problem is the only iso for 32 bit systems is i386. When i downloaded this and installed it, apon starting up my virtual machine i get an error message about the installation not being compatible with my kernal. When i type uname -a into terminal,my machine is listed as i686, not i386.
    So basically, does the kali linux 2.0 i686 iso exist or do i have to use the prebuilt virtualbox image provided by offensive security.
    If the latter is the case, is it possible to save changes to the image so i dont have to fix the wlan0 not showing up problem every time i start up my machine?

I'd go with the prebuilt image over at Offensive Security, as it's been tuned for operating in a vm. Are you using Oracle VirtualBox or VMWare on your host? If it's VMWare, you should be able to take snapshots to resolve the wlan0 problem. I'm not as familiar with VirtualBox, but I believe it has the same snapshot capability.