Thread: Problem with Kali Live Usb UEFI(Dual boot Kali and Windows 8.1)

Cool Problem with Kali Live Usb UEFI(Dual boot Kali and Windows 8.1)

Hello everyone

Please note that I have no expert computer knowledge and everything I know about my current problem came directly from the internet.The reason for the post is because I am stuck and I don't know what to do (even after searching the internet for hours).
    Don't know if I'm just stupid or inexperienced however some help would be appreciated

I have the challenge of installing Kali Linux next to my pre-installed Windows 8.1(on a Acer E 17 laptop). Knowing nothing about dual booting and how to install Kali Linux alongside Windows 8.1 I went directly to Google and got this useful guide https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...nux-%28Kali%29 (please note this guide does not explain step by step install instructions rather it explains all needed to-do stuff for installing Kali on a UEFI laptop , today I learned about this).

I did everything it required of me(downloaded and installed Kali on a Live USB) in the guide except my BIOS does not give me the option of changing the PXE OpRom Policy and CSM setting so it is not changed(according to the guide you need to change this).

Now when I try boot from my USB(so I can install Kali) it doesn't give me anything related to Kali Linux(actually it goes directly to windows as if my USB doesn't exist). The problem is thus I have no why of getting the Kali interface to install Kali

Please don't recommend a CD\DVD method because I already tried it as well.

If anyone can help on the specific issue at hand or have a better way of installing Kali Linux alongside Windows 8.1(with a UEFI boot mode) with better detailed instructions please share.
    Any and every help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Sounds like the boot order has the hard drive first. You can either change that in the BIOS/UEFI or oftentimes you can press an F-key while its booting (i.e. F2, F8, or F12 are common) to select a boot device.

first read how to enable legacy bios option on your computer, then how to disable secure boot on windows 8,
    then read this post (only first 3 steps)
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-Kali-2-0-Sana

then go to procedure for UEFI mode
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ndows-8-8-1-10
    Repetitio est mater studiorum