Thread: Nethunter installation process stucked

Nethunter installation process stucked

Hi guys,

I know there was a thread about this, but it got closed. My problem is that when I am installing Nethunter on my Nexus 5, the installation process gets stucked by 90%, when it is extracting Kali Chroot and it says it can take a while. Well, I guess half an hour is more than a while so I restarted it after taht time and found alexsius' thread about this (https://forums.kali.org/archive/index.php/t-29182.html).

I tried to apply his solution, at least the part where the Busybox is installed. Mine was installed in system/xbin, so I guess that should be OK. When I tried to reinstall, now it got stucked by 70%, extracting the wallpaper. I don't really have a full overview on this installation process so I can only guess that it is because I did not remove the Nethunter I tried to install before, or...?

Anyway, it got stucked at 70% already this time and I wanted to finish it for today but then I started the Nethunter app just to check it, but when I started it, it didn't show any error message, it even showed that "chroot has been found". So now I am clueless what is going on as installation didn't finish but the Nethunter works at first blick?

Any suggestions? Will it work normally? SHould I reinstall, should I start the whole process from the beginning maybe? It is okay if it is the last one as I want to have this tool fully working.

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for the possibly lame questions, I tried to add every details to make understanding and answering easier for you.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by polah88 View Post
    Hi guys,

I know there was a thread about this, but it got closed. My problem is that when I am installing Nethunter on my Nexus 5, the installation process gets stucked by 90%, when it is extracting Kali Chroot and it says it can take a while. Well, I guess half an hour is more than a while so I restarted it after taht time and found alexsius' thread about this (https://forums.kali.org/archive/index.php/t-29182.html).

I tried to apply his solution, at least the part where the Busybox is installed. Mine was installed in system/xbin, so I guess that should be OK. When I tried to reinstall, now it got stucked by 70%, extracting the wallpaper. I don't really have a full overview on this installation process so I can only guess that it is because I did not remove the Nethunter I tried to install before, or...?

Anyway, it got stucked at 70% already this time and I wanted to finish it for today but then I started the Nethunter app just to check it, but when I started it, it didn't show any error message, it even showed that "chroot has been found". So now I am clueless what is going on as installation didn't finish but the Nethunter works at first blick?

Any suggestions? Will it work normally? SHould I reinstall, should I start the whole process from the beginning maybe? It is okay if it is the last one as I want to have this tool fully working.

Thanks for your help in advance and sorry for the possibly lame questions, I tried to add every details to make understanding and answering easier for you.

Regards

I'm having the same problem with my Nexus 5, though I want to add I was using latest Marshmallow image hammerhead-mmb29s and using the Linux Root Toolkit (LRT) instructions. I haven't had time yet, but intend to file a bug report at Nethunter github unless you want to open a ticket there 1st.

Hi, I also use android 6.0.1 and NRT... I give you the chance to open the ticket as I am not familiar and I am quiet busy nowadays... If some solution comes, would you please update this thread?

when stuck on 70% double tapping on the end of the progress bar works, you feel vibrate feedback when it works.

Quote Originally Posted by RastaManKing View Post
    when stuck on 70% double tapping on the end of the progress bar works, you feel vibrate feedback when it works.
    also: do not tick the binaries box at the beginning of installation

After you got stuck in 90% use the power button to stop the installation, extract chroot manually to /data/local /nhsystem and update the binaries using busybox
    Last edited by hariharan; 2016-01-22 at 15:58.

have you guys tried https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...nate-installer ?
    it's a complete rewrite of the installer (along with the latest chroots and apps)
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono