Thread: Nethunter 3 Internal/External Wireless issue.

Nethunter 3 Internal/External Wireless issue.

Hey all,
    If anyone could shine some light on a small issue I am having it would be much appreciated. I'm sure it is something simple I am overlooking but here it goes.

Device is Nexus 7 Marshmallow w/ Nethunter v3
    External Wireless is: TP-Link TL-WN722N

Everything was 100% up until the last time I did "apt-get dist-upgrade" now I am having problems with the interfaces that the internal and external wireless are using.

prior to the upgrade internal wireless was "wlan0" and external was "wlan1". So what would happen in this instance was when the device powered up, wlan0 being the internal wireless was being used by Android for wireless connection, and left my TP LInk free to do other work.. which was how i wanted it.

Now the external wireless is using interface "wlan0" and auto connects to my WiFI and is tied up.. normally this wouldn't be a problem apart from when using MANA Toolkit.

So the simple question is, is it possible to ensure that external wireless will always use interface wlan1 and internal wireless will always use wlan0?

Been trawling google all afternoon with very little luck, so any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

you mean in mana u use interface wlan0 ??? in karma ??? what u put in mana full config ??? i put upstream=wlan0 and phy=wlan1 solonox

This happens when the extrrnal wifi is connected when the phone is booted.
    Start the phone without the ext wifi connected and it should be ok.

Different question of what needs to be done to external card was as wlan0?

ozsteyr, this is exactly what i ended up doing. Once the device is booted i connect the external wireless and the balance is restored. Bit of a work around alright, but it will do for the short term until I can put in a permanent solution. Thanks for the replies everyone, I have a solution that works for now!