Thread: Installed KaliLinux(dual-boot) with windows 10, yet new partition is 'unknown' after?

Installed KaliLinux(dual-boot) with windows 10, yet new partition is 'unknown' after?

Hello everybody, running in to a problem, kali-linux partition does not want to work out.

I've burned kali linux 2.0.iso on to a 16GB usb and made it a bootable stick, and ran it the traditional graphical way. I went through all the settings correctly, i already created a new partition along with a partition name beforehand on my hard drive via computer management, and made 130gb free space for kali(which settings were made to automatically handle the partition within kali-linux setup). I'm running an ASUS notebook with a 1TB hdd, and have enabled CMS and disabled security boot or whatever it was and i was able to boot in to the usb properly. I think my windows(10) which is still working, is /sda...

when the grub option came up on the installation, i accepted it and placed it upon my main hard disk(as instructed). yet when all the installation is completed, i remove the stick, the computer restarts and simply ignores any 'dual boot' option, proceeds to load up windows 10 like i did nothing. The new partition i already made disappeared, i checked CMD and this is what i see:

http://i.imgur.com/oLVYwPj.png

I am having the same issue how did you solve it.