Thread: xrandr inversed on startup in kali 2.0

[SOLVED] xrandr inversed on startup in kali 2.0

Hey everyone,

As this is my first post I want to say thank you for the many many threads I have reviewed on here previously as they have been very helpful. This is the first time I have not been able to find my answer on multiple linux forums. I have searched and searched, and probably spent several hours today alone attempting to fix this; hopefully someone will laugh at me and have the 'quick fix' that I didn't see.

anyhow, I just created a fresh install from kali 1 to 2.0, dual boot with windows (eww), on asus tl500 laptop.

after install and login page the desktop loads and is inverted; move the mouse right and it goes to the left, up is down, top bar is on the bottom and the printing is upside down etc.

some searching found that it was related to the xrandr being inverted, the fix is

Code:
    xrandr -o normal
    now this works great, everything flips to normal and life goes on. However on reboot this is lost and I need to input it each time I login.
    I tried to have this start at boot as per instructions here:

https://www.debian-administration.or...me_with_Debian

but did not have any luck; specifically i would get this when updating the rc.d

Code:
    insserv: warning: script 'K01xrandr.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides
    insserv: warning: script 'xrandr.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides
    further searching found that this shouldn't be an issue, but it seems to be.

so I am hoping someone can help me set xrandr to normal from boot, or to fix whatever problem is causing it in the first place.

again, first post, flame away if needed, but thanks either way for the help!!
    linux user for less than 8 months so be kind
    Last edited by penguinabc123; 2016-01-28 at 03:14. Reason: solved

well this is embaressing,

don't forget to always

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade

I did that, reboot, and now it runs fine with the script. Ill mark this as solved but mods feel free to delete,