Thread: Gnome and Wi-Fi problems | Begginers issiues

Gnome and Wi-Fi problems | Begginers issiues

Hi Everyone !

Like almost all people starting post like that, i'm new in here as well as i'm new in Linux world.

I've got some experience, but like You probably will see it's less than basic.
    I've really tried to find some solutions for my problems , but on every step my lack of knowledge is crucial.

I will quickly explain my situation:

I've got Asus ZenBook ux303ub and I spend a long time to boot Kali linux from USB. After many combinations with different ISO and different bootUSB tools I manage to install Kali Light version. It was only version that i manage to boot under this UEFI that i've got on asus. Everything is installed on USB drive with encryption and it works fine. After that I've updated Kali to full version and everything was working until I tried to instal Gnome3. After installation when system starts up it crush after loading GUI. It white screen with "Oh no! Something has gone wrong". On Xface was ok but now default GUI is gnome. I've got some ideas why its not working but i need to know how to disable Gnome as my default GUI and start Kali in normal mode as terminal.

I tried to do something in rescue mode but I stoped on another problem with that. Im unable to run my wlan0 card on when I'm on rescue mode. I've tried every comend to turn up wlan0 and nothing. The best part is when i use scan command It's finding netoworks. I've noticed that "plane mode" is on so I tried go this way but after "
    Code:
    rfkill list all
    "nothing is blocked so i don't know where to look now.

Can enyone give mi some hint, I dont ask for whole solution but at least some direction how to dill with that situation ?

Thanks in advance !

I would suggest that you disable UEFI and use Legacy boot options and the standard iso for kali
    Alis volat propriis = she flies with her own wings.

I ran into a similar issue, and as HoneyFairy says.. Disabling UEFI and use Legacy Boot.. also disable secure boot, which if i remember rightly was auto disabled when i disabled UEFI. Set your boot order and you will be up and running in no time.