Thread: Kali linux is not booting

Kali linux is not booting

I am using kali linux 2.0 but today when i tried to install an application by watching a youtube video so i downloaded a file and ran the install.sh (./install.sh) of that application the files of the application are here[ \[LINK\]][1], so after that when i tried to install any application from terminal i got this message **"apt-get: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6)"**

And now the system is not booting, it says something went wrong please reboot the system. nothing happens.

[1]: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grwkm9n175uxwaw/cfGXf326IS

Hey takshak,
    Which hardware do you use? Which pc? And can you give me a screenshot of your Partition list of the HDD where you installed it.

Greetz

Screenshot from 2016-02-01 22:52:43.jpg

This is the screenshot and my laptop was not booting but after installing glibc-2.19 if finally booted therefore i am able to send you the screenshot, but when i was installing this file which might not for kali, i got some i386 errors then being in confusion i ran this command "apt-get -f install", so it removed many files from the distro and now i am not able to install skype and any application in wine and when i try to configure wine to 32 bit i am getting errors related to files "The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.19-18) but 2.19-18+deb8u2 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

If possible please give me a solution to this and i am also constantly trying to figure it out.

Attachment 1186

My laptop :
    It's Dell vostro 15 3549
    Intel® Celeron(R) 3205U @ 1.50GHz × 2
    Kali GNU/Linux 2.0 (sana) 64-bit
    Last edited by sickn3ss; 2016-02-01 at 17:44.

I will check it for u gimme time
    Last edited by cavorpa; 2016-02-24 at 09:35.