Thread: Post Installation help wanted!

Post Installation help wanted!

Hi I'm really bad with computers, but I managed to install kali with after lots of problems. I was following a youtube video guide and in the end it told me to install easybcd.
    I have windows 10 and easybcd says that most features have been disabled because of the uefi thing. I went to the help link and looked at their 3 suggestions but...

Their suggestions:
    - Install it on vm

- reinstall windows or buy easyre to boot into legacy

- reinstall Linux with grub 2

My problems:

- I tried to install kali on VMware, but VMware doesn't support wireless cards and I couldn't connect to wifi with it

- I don't really want to buy easyre because I don't have much money (and I obviously don't want to reinstall windows and wipe all my data)

- I don't want to reinstall Linux with grub 2 because the installation already caused me so much trouble and i'm afraid it might not work again

please help, thanks.

Your mileage may vary, but I've always taken non-official Kali advice (i.e. stuff not on the forums, kali.org, or offensive-security.com) with a grain of salt. That being said, I think your best bet is to reinstall windows (using the entire HD partition), then follow the official directions on kali.org to install kali in a dual boot mode.