Thread: Cant log in to raspberry pi 2 uname:root pswd:toor

Cant log in to raspberry pi 2 uname:root pswd:toor

I’m ssh’ing in and when I log in I type root <–for username and toor <— for pass.
    It wont work!!!!
    it keeps saying access denied. how do I fix this?

I'm ssh'ing with a Linux Mint laptop and I'm getting the ip from using angry ip scanner.

being that i installed the newest version, is there something new for login?

https://www.offensive-security.com/k...-install-tips/
    "Kali Linux 2.0 takes on the Debian SSH configuration option, the default since Jessie, which disallows root logins without a key."
    Guessing you are making the same mistake I made earlier today and attempting to SSH in without first adding your key to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys?

Quote Originally Posted by amars View Post
    https://www.offensive-security.com/k...-install-tips/
    "Kali Linux 2.0 takes on the Debian SSH configuration option, the default since Jessie, which disallows root logins without a key."
    Guessing you are making the same mistake I made earlier today and attempting to SSH in without first adding your key to /root/.ssh/authorized_keys?
    Hello,

I think I understand the process when the Rpi is connected to a display and a keyboard.

But consider a Rpi being fired up for the very first time only connected to an ethernet cable. It is impossible to login and eventually modify the parameters as explained.

Does anybody know how to tweak the image kali-2.1-rpi2.img in order to introduce the change of the PermitRootLogin parameter to “yes”? I have tried to append the "command.txt" with "PermitRootLogin=yes" but without seen change when logging in.

Anticipated thanks.

I can answer myself the question: after messing around the web I finally came across Paragon_ExtFS_for_Windows_2.1.440 with which it is possible to edit sshd_config directly on the SDCard where the image kali-2.1-rpi2 was copied using Win32DiskImager-0.9.5.

And now the connection ssh using putty is working.

Hope this will be of help.

Cheers.

need console login
    generate new keys "dpkg-reconfigure openssh-server"
    and then edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and set enable root login to "yes"

USB->UART
    add new user and connect with ssh
    2016-02-26 22-01-10-2.jpg

After modifying sshd_config in my quick and dirty way I was happy with the R-PI connected with PuTTY! I can navigate the root directory, it is fun.

The next step forward was plugging a WiFi adaptor to the small device. But one step forward equals one more difficulty:

root@kali:~# iw dev
    phy#0
    Interface wlx00222d44b9d8
    ifindex 4
    wdev 0x1
    addr 00:22:2d:44:b9:d8
    type managed

And as you can easily imagine I am stranded.

On the forum I found a solution based on creating a file reported as missing: /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.

Very disciplined I created the file with the correct contents according to the post but the file cannot be written being "read-only"!

Has anyone really used the R-PI version of Kali? or is it there just for the show?