Dear Everyone,

I am setting up a home lab environment and used Kali so far from mac via VMWare Fusion. However this is a convenient and easy solution I faced difficulties with not having a wlan0 adapter only a virtual eth0. I decided that i will install a Kali 2.0 image on a separate partition following the "Dual Boot Kali on Mac Hardware" guide.

I have to install rEFInd from recovery partition due to SIP restrictions on host. The EFI loader went on with no issues, on the next restart it loaded the OSX and the Kali usb image properly, I was able to start it up as live cd and used gparted to trunkate the Apple Extended Volume with 100gb. The operation finished withour any errors. I left the freed up space as RAW want to set up cryptLUK LVM while installing Kali.

However when I restarted my system and tried to boot to the Kali usb image, the screen turn off for 2 seconds, then a blank screen loaded with a single blinking cursor. We have tried with other USB keys even with a Win7 DVD, the rEFInd identifies all, but when you select to boot to any the same happens.
Black screen with blinking cursor.

I was researched some forums, I have found a ton of resources, the issue is mostly could be 2 thing:
1. the rEFInd does not generating the bootloader. I have tried some troubleshooting steps as rename the .efi file on the EFI partition, in the config disable the disk scan but no luck so far. Also this post a bit foggy so far.

2. The other resource i found that the noveau and the nvidia drivers are conflict each other ( macbook having a 256mb dedicated nvidia card), and the boot is happening, just the system cannot display it. The 2 workarounds was use ssh install, which i not really know how to perform with seeing nothing, the other was to recompile the kernel (not really know how this should solve the issue and also absolutely not experienced)

Sorry just going home will link all articles I found soon.

Any help welcomed.