Thread: HPEnvy 15 x360 Kali 2.0 dual booting problem

HPEnvy 15 x360 Kali 2.0 dual booting problem

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble dual booting 64-bit Kali Linux 2.0 alongside Windows 8.1 in my laptop. After I select Live or Install, the screen just goes black and freezes. Nothing happens then. Laptop is turned on and I have to push power button to turn it off. I've tried to live run Kali in Legacy mode also and it says 'System wakeup disabled by ACPI'. I've tried each and every method that I found on internet.

I am trying to install Kali from usb and I followed the exact same way from Kali documentation to make a bootable usb.
    Secure boot, fast boot all are disabled.
    I've contacted HP assistant and he says Linux is not supported by my laptop. Isn't there any way to install Kali in my laptop?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
    Beeshal

HPEnvy 15 x360
    Recent OS Windows 8.1 64-bit

really you did everything, but you forgot to mention did you verify sh1sum of downloaded Kali img.
    second thing I'd rather recommended Kali light iso then full version
    and read this post
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ndows-8-8-1-10
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

sorry. but it didn't work. i cannot boot in legacy mode also. just black screen appears. i left as it is for about 30 minutes to see if something will happen, but no luck. the same thing happens with every distribution. Ubuntu, Linux mint, fedora all show same problem.. when booting in live mode it says 'System Wakeup disabled by ACPI.' and then stops.

Quote Originally Posted by _beeshal View Post
    the same thing happens with every distribution. Ubuntu, Linux mint,
    then the problem is probably connected with your BIOS setting.
    you need to enable and verify your Legacy bios option is it configured correctly ,disable secure boot option and check fast boot options is it disabled in Windows.
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

Unhappy

i have the same problem, how to solve it

and what about this, i select live, then it shows_F1F_JZC3IXF8SA9_SIA%~E.jpg

sorry for my bad English
    Last edited by ncafei; 2016-11-09 at 04:19.

Hey, from what everybody is saying, duxim is almost certainly correct; this is likely to be a problem with your BIOS settings.

I used to work tech support for a reputable UK custom PC company and aside from "no signal" issues, this was one of the largest problems I had from the tech savvy customers. There are quite a few different options that can cause issues with using *nix, particularly with CSM disabled.

Post up your motherboard model and your current BIOS revision and I'll have a look through my old notes . Also, let me know if your using an mSATA, M.2 or standard SATA disk drive as this can sometimes make a difference.

Tommo