Thread: list of required kernel patches?

list of required kernel patches?

I'm putting together a 6.0 kernel based on hells-core/benzocore.

i've got the packet injection, hid, and cdrom patches in, are there any other patches I should know about?

cheers

These are the essential ones to make NetHunter fully work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreya View Post
    These are the essential ones to make NetHunter fully work.
    Can you link me to hid, DriveDroid and injection patches? I want to add them to op2 kernel (Boeffla). I appreciate it. Cd rom patch is already in it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash View Post
    Can you link me to hid, DriveDroid and injection patches? I want to add them to op2 kernel (Boeffla). I appreciate it. Cd rom patch is already in it. Thanks.
    In case you still into doing it, I haven't been in here for quite few months...

Code:
    https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter/wiki/Modifying-the-Kernel
    I hope you figured that out already

I have modified the CM-14.1 kernel for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) to be nethunter readfy (hid patch, reworked y cable patch, cd-rom already present, loadable modules support, wireless drivers).
    I have three issues remaining, for which I'm not sure how to implement them into the nethunter or cyanogen build process.

1) Kernel modules are packed to /system/lib/modules, but searched by modprobe in /system/lib/modules/'uname -r'
    I've solved this by manual creation of a symlink ( /system/lib/modules/'uname -r' --> /system/lib/modules) but I think this isn't the best way.

2) I didn't manage to integrate the firmwares needed for the wireless drivers (for example htc_9271.fw for ath9k_htc.ko). Again the only idea I have is to push the manually to the system partition, as I'm not sure where to do it during the build process.

3) I have to load drivers manually with modprobe if needed. I'm not sure how this is circumvented in the official nethunter releases (or are the drivers compiled into kernel).

I would be happy for a little guidance. Btw. I would have been fine using the official nethunter release for galaxy s5 using cm-13.0, but somehow the camera wasn't working anymore.

Bonus question: I didn't make any changes to the kernel according SELinux, it should remain in strict mode but is switched to moderate after flashing nethunter - how is this done ? Init script ?

Best regards, MaMe82

6. This right things necessary to make NetHunter fully working.