Thread: Nexus 5X Nethunter

Nexus 5X Nethunter

Hello.
    There is a way in order to build Kali Linux NetHunter for the Nexus 5X?
    Tanks.

No need to build it seems ; try the following using idlekernel's patched kernel for kali nethunter 3.0 :

• Update to latest stock mmb29q >> from here
    • Install custom recovery >> from here
    • Install latest cm13 nightly >> from here
    • Install open gapps of your choice >> from here
    • Don't install supersu, it will be installed with nethunter!
    • Boot into system and finish initial setup
    • Reboot back into recovery
    • Install idlekernel nethunter patched kernel >> from here
    • Install full chroot (not sure if needed but i did, gave some errors but ignore that) >> from here

I did not yet have time to do tests but it boots up perfectly and nethunter apps are available so all looks like a good starting point.

Happy hunting !

Last edited by polob12; 2016-02-13 at 23:24.

To confirm, yes there's no need to build with my nightly images up but you can still build if you want to use a different kernel or any other reason really.
    We merged my installer into the master branch of offensive security's kali-nethunter github, so it might be a *little* bit different.
    Basically:
    Code:
    git clone --depth 1 -b master https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter.git
    cd kali-nethunter/nethunter-installer
    ./build.py -d bullhead -m
    Would be enough to generate a flashable zip with a NetHunter kernel for your device, SuperSU, and all the apps.
    If you want the chroot as well (you do), you will probably want to download the full chroot from the link polob12 mentioned. It's Kali Rolling, rather than the Sana one that is downloaded by the app. (currently, Rolling works better with NetHunter nightly)

Also, to clarify, idleKernel is the unofficial domain used to host nightlies generated by me (and is the name of the kernel in the Galaxy Note 3 / hlte images only)
    Most other kernels are based off CyanogenMod or AOSP sources.
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono

i need to flash Cm13? i can't just flash nethunter over Stock rom ?

Quote Originally Posted by jcadduono View Post
    Code:
    git clone --depth 1 -b master https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter.git
    what happen to CRLfile: none ?

git clone --depth 1 -b master https://github.com/offensive-securit...-nethunter.git
    Cloning into 'kali-nethunter'...
    fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter.git/': server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none

Quote Originally Posted by jcadduono View Post
    To confirm, yes there's no need to build with my nightly images up but you can still build if you want to use a different kernel or any other reason really.
    We merged my installer into the master branch of offensive security's kali-nethunter github, so it might be a *little* bit different.
    Basically:
    Code:
    Would be enough to generate a flashable zip with a NetHunter kernel for your device, SuperSU, and all the apps.
    If you want the chroot as well (you do), you will probably want to download the full chroot from the link polob12 mentioned. It's Kali Rolling, rather than the Sana one that is downloaded by the app. (currently, Rolling works better with NetHunter nightly)

Also, to clarify, idleKernel is the unofficial domain used to host nightlies generated by me (and is the name of the kernel in the Galaxy Note 3 / hlte images only)
    Most other kernels are based off CyanogenMod or AOSP sources.
    Thanks, i'm going to try this.
    i'll let you know if works fine

Quote Originally Posted by polob12 View Post
    No need to build it seems ; try the following using idlekernel's patched kernel for kali nethunter 3.0 :

• Update to latest stock mmb29q >> from here
    • Install custom recovery >> from here
    • Install latest cm13 nightly >> from here
    • Install open gapps of your choice >> from here
    • Don't install supersu, it will be installed with nethunter!
    • Boot into system and finish initial setup
    • Reboot back into recovery
    • Install idlekernel nethunter patched kernel >> from here
    • Install full chroot (not sure if needed but i did, gave some errors but ignore that) >> from here

I did not yet have time to do tests but it boots up perfectly and nethunter apps are available so all looks like a good starting point.

Happy hunting !

Thank you for that Link.

I also am using a Nexus 5X. and use a custom rom from XDA, as minimal as possible because i want a naked android.

Question, I was looking for the minimal version as i read on the Kali Nethunter Wiki : You are given two chroot options to download or install: minimal or full. The minimal chroot, which is a little over 100mb in size, is a barebones basic Kali OS with nothing installed and is great for developers .

I am looking for exactly this. My Nexus 5X is already rooted and running a custom rom, can i flash this using TWRP on my Nexus, or do I need to go the whole pathway.

Second question, if I open that file, can i remove the apk's from "Data/app" folder? as I am not interested in them. Personally yes, but for my little project not.

Sorry for the many questions I hope someone will help me through this!

Where I can find setup instructions for Nexus 5x? I am using the stock rom (with unlocked bootloader)

Quote Originally Posted by deadpacket View Post
    Where I can find setup instructions for Nexus 5x? I am using the stock rom (with unlocked bootloader)
    same here.. I do not see any 5x-bullhead option in the list to download only 5 hammerhead... but in the wiki it says 5x bullhead is supported... ***

I just built both full and minimal kalifs/chroot for the Nexus 5x (bullhead) for Marshmallow and Nougat..

nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-full-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) md5: 96103e2009b7e5db3b3e85d19e7ef1bc

nethunter-bullhead-marshmallow-kalifs-minimal-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) md5: 257f34bbc02c0670bed37a8c05001769

nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-full-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) md5: 6436b97493706f99f32a86efdf653e62

nethunter-bullhead-nougat-kalifs-minimal-20160901.zip (AndroidFileHost) md5: f37b503e60e8db253a36119e9626d567

If ever it is confirmed to run stock + nh on the bullhead 100% working, I'll be the happiest man alive. Doesn't matter if its for MM or N

Is There Going to be a Oreo Nethunter anytime soon
    Last edited by alexertech; 2018-08-13 at 02:16. Reason: bumping old thread