Thread: Nethunter can't install metapackages

Nethunter can't install metapackages

Hi,

When trying to install metapackages using the new nethunter app under the Kali Chroot Manager, when I hit the Install button, I get the error that cannot find the terminal app, to install it first.

I tried to install multiple terminal apps, but with no luck.

The nethunter version is 3.0 under a nexus 9.

Best,

This should work perfectly fine with NetHunter's native terminal emulator app.

I've got the same issue on a nexus 7. Installed android terminal emulator and I can execute the bootkali and kalimenu commands and get to the CLI menu so that at least works.

first of all Check weather your device is rooted !!! when SU and CLI execution permissions are not granted terminal application wont launch
    and Chroot installer is designed to work with Net hunter terminal so other terminal emulation application wont work
    if your device is rooted ans still you are not able to launch the terminal , easy guess is installation was abnormal or not proper
    i recommend you to install BusyBox after rooting your device before installing nethunter

Happy ! Net Hunting !!!
    ################################################

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0sT.sh View Post
    first of all Check weather your device is rooted !!! when SU and CLI execution permissions are not granted terminal application wont launch
    and Chroot installer is designed to work with Net hunter terminal so other terminal emulation application wont work
    if your device is rooted ans still you are not able to launch the terminal , easy guess is installation was abnormal or not proper
    i recommend you to install BusyBox after rooting your device before installing nethunter

Happy ! Net Hunting !!!
    You can use whatever terminal emulator you'd like, actually. Just write "bootkali" and do whatever.

i am saying about the Chroot upgrade and update is hardcoded to the default terminal
    dont ya think ???

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0sT.sh View Post

Happy ! Net Hunting !!!
    Device (nexus 7 2012) is rooted and busy box free is installed, still only able to access kali via terminal emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by woobamedia View Post
    Hi,

When trying to install metapackages using the new nethunter app under the Kali Chroot Manager, when I hit the Install button, I get the error that cannot find the terminal app, to install it first.

I tried to install multiple terminal apps, but with no luck.

The nethunter version is 3.0 under a nexus 9.

Best,

This is imo a bug. I have not found a single person with a nexus 9 so far who can get it to work. I have a Nexus 9, I have several co workers with nexus 9's. I have talked to several people online who have nexus 9's.

Not a single one of us have been able to make nethunter 3.0 work correctly, because of the terminal window issue. I dont actually think its an issue with the terminal window, but the links and scripts that boot the kali kernal simply are not there, which are required

( note I have a thread open about this issue )

I have spent many hours trying to figure this out to no avail, and have not been able to find any information .

IMO, Nethunter 3 simply DOES NOT WORK on a Nexus 9. And from wehat I have read, it is considered a low priority according to some on github, and most likely wont be fixed any time soon. Roll back to NH2 and Android 5.01 if you want an actual working pen tablet, thats what I had to do.
    Last edited by Turin; 2016-03-04 at 02:12.

update: working now with android MMB29V android build, but no previous builds still work for me on nexus 9.

install busybox

do these things first

1 install busy box
    2 allow root access
    3 now goto settings then apps then to permissions and mark all as allowed
    4 and don't forget to mark additional permission

5 if you want terminal emulator then use " nethunter terminal" search on google its in github I think
    Now try again

I also had these problem first
    After these settings I can install metapackages

Quote Originally Posted by armeya25 View Post
    1 install busy box
    2 allow root access
    3 now goto settings then apps then to permissions and mark all as allowed
    4 and don't forget to mark additional permission

5 if you want terminal emulator then use " nethunter terminal" search on google its in github I think
    Now try again

I also had these problem first
    After these settings I can install metapackages

I have done all of this and still nothing. I have a OnePlus 1, got NetHunter 3.15 to install on CM12.1 just fine. I selected full chroot, the NH Terminal app works, I can type commands in it all day long, but still i can't install metapackages or launch any of the custom commands like run WiFite. BusyBox is installed and has full permissions. Thoughts???

hi, and did you get it to work? i have installed it on my samsung tab 4 and get the same error about the terminal, i tried also every terminal out there and still no luck...

You must check your sources.list is on the right kali repo. This was the problem I had.