Thread: Signal booster and oneplus one

Signal booster and oneplus one

hi guys
    if i use signal booster(4 and 8 W) with my oneplus one,can it be harmfull for my phone?
    Phone+otg+usb adaptor+signal booster+antenna

Just to make clear, is the signal booster powered from the phone or does it have an external power source?

If the former, you might have voltage issues that render the benefits of the signal booster negligible. If it works, it would definitely cause battery drain at a higher rate than normal should you be pumping through a large amount of data. In this scenario, would it be possible to use a larger or directional antenna instead? You might see longer battery life although it would probably not be as discrete.

If the latter, then, assuming it works, I do not see an issue, other than needing to either be plugged in all the time or lug around another power source.

In both cases, with proper equipment, I would not expect damage to your phone although shorter battery life may feature in the first scenario. Might be wise to test the rig with a computer first just to make sure it works before trying it on your potentially more sensitive phone. Please note, I don't know what parts you are planning to use and am only basing this on an assumption that you want to do basic wifi related work. As such, damage your phone is technically possible (also true when you plug it in daily to charge!) but unlikely in my opinion.

Hope this helps

Thanks for reply.i think its better not to try at all.Because here there is no services or equipment to repair opo.

Their are options
    Battery drain will be more thats it but it doesnt effect the performance of the phone in any ways
    as it must accommodate the connected device and feed it with what it needs

if you are talking a bout external WIFI card , i would say their are lost of less power consuming high gaining Devices like TL-WN722N
    if you are talking about GSM signal booster , i recommond 25dbi TS9
    ################################################

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in