Thread: Using Private internet access with Kali

Mikey Guest

Using Private internet access with Kali

Hi
    After half a dozen attempts to load Kali Linux to my Raspberry Pi B+ and ending up looking at a black screen with just a cursor for company, I decided to put Kali onto a USB stick instead and run it through my desktop computer. I know this isn't a good idea in the sense that it stationary and I'm using my own router to get on the Internet.

But until I can afford an android tablet (not Apple) or a small laptop with an arm platform this arrangement will have to do.

The thing I wanted to know was, can I use "Private internet Access" with the USB stick while running Kali on the computer. I mean, can I install it on the USB stick along with Kali so I can access it when Kali is running on the desktop computer or have it automatically start when Kali boots up.

This would give me a limited amount of security as the IP address would be traced to somewhere else if a scan was detected by someone. (This is highly unlikely as there aren't any computer professionals living in my immediate area). That said I'm only practising with Kali to see what it can do, rather than prosperously hacking someone else's WiFi for personal gain.

Thanks.

You can use a USB3.0 on your desktop, is the same thing if you use a laptop or raspberry form security perspective .
    You can set persistent volume basic data on the USB .
    For the network you can set the offline mode so you boot up with no connection, wifi disabled and other things .
    Then you can start your VPN how you want, but over the VPN I'd also insert Tor, It's another important layer of the security ...
    If you have other question about it you can ask here .

If you are referring to the VPN provider, then YES, they have a guide with debian steps that you can replicate in Kali without problems. They use openvpn so having the certificate, username and password you are good to go.

Mikey Guest
    Thanks for your replies

The USB is working well and I'll go to VPN and have a look at the Debian guide.

Best regards.