Thread: Is it possible to use acaptive portal to open a meterpreter session(evil ap)

Is it possible to use acaptive portal to open a meterpreter session(evil ap)

As the title suggests, I was wondering if it was possible to use an evil ap captive portal to open up a meterpreter session. Maybe some kind of forced download? I've noticed going to some sites will redirect me to a url and force a download to happen.

I think the easiest way to pull this off would be to use the Mana toolkit. Below are a couple links describing it. I don't think it comes in the stock Kali install, so you'll need to "apt-get install mana-toolkit" to get it.

https://github.com/sensepost/mana
    https://cyberarms.wordpress.com/2014...-wi-fi-router/

I have the wifi pineapple nano so it allows me to do the same thing but better. I was just wondering if anyone here knew ways to script in a forced download into a captive portal. I know you can redirect traffic using an iframe, to website of your choosing, including custom built LAN servers. I notice a ton of malicious sites where clicking a fake terms of service will initiate a download. The .exe file is downloaded but as far as I can tell is harmless unless executed by the admin. Im trying to mimic that concept, but using a captive portal instead, and forcing the download to happen regardless of user input

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, one possible avenue of approach would be to open up an autopwn server of lan and include that inside the captive portal using an iframe, but in my experience autopwn v1 and v2 have been entirely ineffective against anything other than IE 10 and below