Thread: Installing Kali w/ Win10

Installing Kali w/ Win10

Hey guys I am new here to the forums, I have been having trouble installing Kali w/ win10. I have a couple questions hopefully someone can help me out. I have been able to install Kali on my machine without windows no problem, however when I try to dual install it with Win8.1 or Win10 grub doesnt seem to work. I have tried configuring my bios to UEFI and to EFI. My first question is I thought Kali was now UEFI compatible is that not true? My second question is when I install Kali, I am able to go though the install process but when it goes to reboot it wont boot to grub. Yes I am installing grub. Basically after the installation it boots straight to windows. It shows the partitions properly I have the swap partition, the grub partition, and main partition with Kali on it. I read over good that I needed to switch the bootable flag to be on grub, but it doesn't allow me to set it on installation. I have tried using a bootable usb, and I have made a dvd. If I am not making any sense or more information is needed please just post back. I would really like to get this working.

Thanks,
    Lil

Repetitio est mater studiorum