Thread: Raspberry PI2 version totally usless?

Angry Raspberry PI2 version totally usless?

I've just installed KALI on Raspberry PI2 and I am totally disappointed. Last version of that system I used was Backtrack, but... where are all the applications? There is totally nothing in there... and... This system is totally not adapted to low resolution... on 800x480 screen, you can't confirm MOST dialog boxes, because button are out of visible area... Am I missing something, or this is totally usless system for RPI2?

There have been a number of significant changes between Backtrack and Kali. As an example, there is no /pentest directory to hold all of the applications.

You can find some more information here: https://www.kali.org/news/kali-linux-whats-new/

You should be able to use the Raspberry PI2 version similar to a full Kali install.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashT View Post
    I've just installed KALI on Raspberry PI2 and I am totally disappointed. area... Am I missing something, or this is totally usless system for RPI2?
    You are missing something.. And you do need to read the changes between Backtrack and Kali.

For the "missing" packages, you may add them . Or if you wish to install ALL packages,
    apt-get install kali-linux-full
    For the resolution issue, you will have to tweak that yourself.

The Raspberry PI is mostly "DIY". So that being said , the majority you will have to DO IT YOURSELF .

This article provides great insight on the Pi and Kali ,
    http://whitedome.com.au/re4son/index...ngers-kali-pi/
    They also go over a GUI for the TFT screens
    Last edited by hightech316; 2016-03-08 at 19:46.