Thread: Kali 2016.1 rolling some problems with network cards

Kali 2016.1 rolling some problems with network cards

Hi guys,

I'am sorry if i wrong section for my post and i am very very sorry for my poor English!

So i have a problem with 2 of my network card.

I have Kali 32bit rolling 2016.1 clean installation all update.

I have 3 network card:

- lspci card of my laptop sorry but for now i don't remember the name but everything function good (reaver and injection)

- Alfa AWUS036NH with chipset 3070L and 2800 usb driver but reaver and injection with aircrack doesn't work

-Gsky GS-27usb with chipset 3070RZ1 and 2800 usb driver but reaver and injection with aircrack doesn't work.

After I install the last STABLE backport 4.3.1, and i try to use the alfa and gksy cards but doesn't work.

What i can do? i try to install some patch? which?

thanks in advance for the help.

I've been having a similar issue; I'm running Kali 64-bit rolling on a Dell Latitude E6400 (not a virtual machine) and the performance of various USB wifi adapters is nothing like what everyone is posting. The three USB adapters I'm using are:

AFLA AWUS036NH (purchased directly from Rokland authorized distributer, so I'm pretty sure this is genuine)
    TP-LINK WN7200ND
    TP-LINK WN722N

Oddly, my TP-LINK WN722N is the only USB adapter that is practical to use; it has been successfully tested with reaver against several routers I own while the other two cannot complete a reaver attack. I followed the trouble shooting guide at http://docs.kali.org/installation/tr...-driver-issues but I don't detect any issues.

My check list is:
    - "apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -y; apt-get dist-upgrade -y" has been run on 2016-02-29.
    - All three show up under lsusb with the correct chipsets.
    - All three do not generate dmesg errors when plugged in.
    - "sudo rfkill list" shows all blocks as "no".
    - "airmon-ng check kill" is always run as root to verify nothing known is interfering.
    - "airodump-ng -M -W wlan1mon" picks up beacons and data packets when tested one at a time (including several other APs I do not own).
    - "aireplay-ng --test wlan1mon" reports injection working. Oddly enough, this test usually results in nothing being found unless I run the card-to-card test below. Then this command has no problem finding APs to test injection against.
    - "aireplay-ng --test wlan1mon -i wlan0" consistently reports injection working, and 30/30 100% success against the target owned router.
    - "iwconfig" reports the USB adapter is indeed in monitor mode as required.

Against my target owned routers (both of which are in the same room as the laptop and USB adapters for purposes of this test), the TP-LINK WN722N was able to successfully execute the brute force PIN attacks using reaver. However, the ALFA AWUS036NH and TP-LINK WN7200ND both continually generate "WPS transaction failed (code: 0x02), re-trying last pin" messages, or a similar 0x03 message after associating with the target AP. Everything I've read say these chipsets should work out of the box with Kali Linux. Can anyone think of anything else I am missing? Thanks.

Same here, I got the same problems

install VM and kali sana on it. you will see that all above is working.. no comment

Nah I want it to work with 2016, you would assume that it would have a fix because it is the latest version and the awus036nh is a pretty good card for linux but you still get the reaver issues etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongtzu View Post
    you would assume that it would have a fix because it is the latest version
    happy waiting then

Same problem with the ALPHA 3070L chipset. Thought these things were plug and play. Any luck yet??

I'm seeing the same thing. I've tried Kali 2.0 SANA and Kali 2016.1. On an OPN network, my internal (intel-based) adapter sees 1000's of data packets on an OPN network. The atheros and RT2800 cards see some data, but very little, and it generally stops at some point. So sure, "monitor" is technically working, but if you want actual data capture, many of these cards simply are not functioning well at all.

Not sure how to resolve this other than creating a USB-dongle from some components including an Intel-based WLAN chip.