Thread: VERY Slow Boot after flashing Nethunter

VERY Slow Boot after flashing Nethunter

Hi guys and thanks a lot for the great work.

I am facing a quite annoying issue after flashing Nethunter on my Oneplus One: the device gets stuck for about 6/7 minutes on the 1+ logo, then the Kali animation appears for few seconds before it finally boots.

I have had this issue with stock CM12.1+Nethunter 3 for OPO CM12.1, and now I am having it with a CM13 nightly with jcadduono's chroot and Phreya's kernel.

I did try to reflash once again (just in case) and I still have the same problem.

Scenario:

• Wipe the whole device
    • Flash CM13 (or 12.1)
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot and configure android
    • Reboot again to test boot speed - it boots up super fast
    • Go to recovery again and flash Phreya's kernel
    • Flash jcadduono's chroot
    • Wipe dalvik+cache
    • Reboot
    • From now on it takes 6/7 minutes to boot

Liveboot Log (only appears during kali animation though, not sue it's logging what happens during the kernel logo):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7y...ew?usp=sharing

Tried with many versions of TWRP, nothing. Also, when I boot into recovery, I see the recovery logo for about 5 minutes before I can actually get into the recovery.

I hope someone has got an idea about how to fix this, as you can understand it's very frustrating having a phone that takes half of a big bang theory episode to boot.

Let me know if I can provide more info about my device!
    Thanks.
    Last edited by pLx; 2016-02-24 at 14:26. Reason: added log

Facing the exactly same issues

I am facing the exactly same issue on opo with cm13, have searched many forums, but so far no solution.

You never mentioned if it was the same just flashing the kernel only after CM/gapps. (don't flash all of nethunter, just the kernel-nethunter zip)
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono

@anilrawal
    it's "good" to know I'm not the only one facing the problem, at least someone else can get how frustrating it is and we start centralising the problem

@JC
    hey mate thanks again for your help and your files. Well spotted with that. Though when I tried NH on CM12.1 I didnt have to flash the gapps as it was a stock rom and they were already included. Many people had nethunter working with my same ROM. So I'm not sure the gapps are responsible at all... But I haven't actually never tried to run NH on the CM13 nightly without flashing the gapps before (as you have to flash them with the rom or they'll crash) so it might be worth it giving it a try, why not!

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll give it a go this weekend and come back.

-

Thanks a lot
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Thanks JC I will try your recommendation and see if that helps. If that does not help, will then also give a shot without gapp(Opengapp 6 pico) see if that helps.

@JC - I have just read your question again and it seems like I totally misunderstood! You meant to say that I should try flashing ROM > Gapps > Kernel without flashing Chroot, just to isolate the problem and see if it's kernel's fault.

Thanks I'm gonna try this as soon as I can and report back!

Cheers
    Last edited by pLx; 2016-03-04 at 00:07.

pLx, did you find a solution for this? I also have the same long boot time issue.

hey,
    I yet have to try what JC suggested as I'm being quite busy at work until next week, I'll certainly report back as soon as I try it and wish you good luck.
    It feels a bit better when you know you're not the only one!

This is actually weird, as I don't experience the same issue with my device. :\

I know, that's what's bothering most! We run the same rom with the same kernel, it's quite upsetting