Thread: Netmanmac1-3 released for general use

Netmanmac1-3 released for general use

Verion 1-3 replaced by version 1-4

This script allows the user to globally set the mac address and auto-connect selection for ALL wifi devices found in the

/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections folder.

Supports kali 1.10a, 2 and Kali 2016.1R

For Reference:

When using NetworkManager(NM) to access the net, any spoofed mac address(MAC) produced thru the terminal window(TW) will be over-written by NM. If no cloned mac address exists in NM menu settings, then the device is returned to the device MAC and any mac spoofing set by the user thru the TW disappears.

To clone a single mac address for a wifi Network thru NM menus requires many steps just to complete just one(1) wifi network setup.

When NM sets up a wifi Network it selects auto-connect to the device by default. This autoconnect feature causes NM to constantly disrupt ALL wifi devices linked to this autoconnect selection. This in turn causes disruptions when the device has been placed in monitor mode. To counter this aircrack-ng embedded airmon-ng check kill into the airmon-ng bash script to kill all NM functions when really all you want NM to do is ignore the device placed in monitor mode. They also did not inform users exactly what airmon-ng check kill did nor how to restore NM to full function.

In kali.2.0 restoring NM to full function does not occur if NM is restarted thru service commands.

1. The netmanmac1-3.sh script can spoof the MAC globally for all NM wifi Networks. The user can manually input a MAC or allow the MAC to be produced randomly.

2. If the mac address is manually entered a comment can be appended by the user. This comment is useful for cases where a Network has employed mac address blocking just as an example. All MACs entered manually are stored for historical reference and displayed on the screen for use by the user along with comments. This allows quick mac spoofing and identification of any MACs previously used to avoid mac blocking.

3. The netmanmac1-3.sh script allows the global activation or inactivation of all autoconnect selections found in the /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections folder. This allows using a wifi device in monitor mode without having to run airmon-ng check kill thus allowing other devices to access the internet thru NM. However the following procedures must be used.

1. Run the netmanmac1-3.sh script and inactivate all autoconnect settings or manually turnoff ALL autoconnect settings in NM.
    2. Place wifi device in monitor mode

airmon-ng start wlan0

3. Run airodump-ng example airodump-ng wlan0mon. As airodump-ng is initalized a short error message is seen and then airodump-ng begins its scan. You can now shut down airodump-ng and run other programs such wash, reaver,mdk3.

Alternatively

1. Run the netmanmac1-3.sh script and inactivate all autoconnect settings or manually turnoff ALL autoconnect settings in NM.
    2. Place wifi device in monitor mode

airmon-ng start wlan1

3. Place wlan1mon in monitor mode again as follows:

ifconfig wlan1mon down
    iwconfig wlan1mon mode monitor
    ifconfig wlan1mon up

Now you can run wash, reaver or any program directly.

You can use the internet on other devices.

You can download here thru kali or thru:

Netmanmac1-3.sh has been replaced by Netmanmac1-4.sh

Corrects bugs between versions kali 1.1, 2 and 2016

You can download version 1-4 thru kali here OR thru the link below

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/43cbad76

Musket Teams
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2016-03-02 at 10:20.

Nice work guys!

Netmanmac1-3.sh has been replaced by version 1-4.

Corrects differences in Kali 1.1, 2 and 2016.1R

Download locations at beginning of thread,

Musket Teams

Very nice "walk around". Great job!

Hi I know this thread is a little old but I didnt want to start a new thread for this.

Running kali 2016.1R 64bit installed on usb (not live) on a Lenovo X220 laptop. I have the right sources.list file and my system is up to date. I'm using a tl-wn722n adapter.

After starting netmanmac1-4.sh I get to where I select either my internal card or my adapter wlan0/wlan1 and then it flashes an error very quickly.

down: error fetching interface information: device not found

Then back to the prompt, when it's done there is nothing where it should show the new mac and the device. Everything else seems fine, I don't understand.

Ok so it wasn't working because at the "which device do you wish to spoof?" prompt the device has to be entered as a number: 1,2,3 i.e. NOT wlan0, wlan1, etc.

It's working now but this script isn't what I thought... it doesn't actually prevent NM from over riding the mac change it just sorta provides a workaround and stops auto connect. I don't understand what is meant when it says "will spoof the mac globally" unless you mean by running netmanmac once for every adapter/connection especially since it doesn't actually add the cloned mac exception to the NM settings...

Also whenever I run the script it undoes my host name change back to kali for some reason

To Spacechimp

First if you wish to PREVENT Network Manager from overriding you can use airmon-ng check kill but this command really messes up wifi menus in kali 2.0 and 2016R and cannot be reversed completely except thru a reboot.

To spoof the mac globally means you will change ALL the clone mac address entries in the etc/NetworkManager/system-connections folder to the mac address you wish to spoof. The reasons are explained at the beginning of this thread.

MTeams

Hi guys, please help with one thing, after using of netmanmac1.4 (really usefull,thx) I have next issue - after restart or first boot of the laptop WiFi doesn't connects until the user will be logged in pc. Right after login(in milliseconds), even the screen doesn't have a GUI - WiFi connects and I can connect to this PC remotely.
    I've set netmanmac back to automatically connect all adapters but it hasn't worked.
    What should I check else?

To AprilBear

Netmanmac is based in part on the work of repzeroworld so any thanks should go to him/her.

You have not mentioned what Kali-linux version you are using.

All Netmanmac does is write text lines to your /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ files. These files are written when you setup a network to connect to like a router.

If you remove a networks setup, NetworkManager(NM) removes the file for that network. If you alter settings like the WPA key NM changes entries in that file for that network.

Netmanmac does not do anything to your adapters. MTeams is unsure exactly what issue to address here. We think it is connect automatically therefore:

If you open your NetworkManager drop-down menu(upper right hand corner of screen) you will see various wifi devices. Click on the device and you will see Wi-Fi Settings. Click on Wifi Setting and you will see the various networks you have setup to connect to. You will see a circle with a round gear inside the circle located across from some of the networks you have established manually thru NM. Click on the gear and a window will appear. On the left-side of this window you will see identity. Click on "identity" and at the bottom of the window that appears you will see "Connect Automatically". If there is a check in the box then NM will connect automatically to that network. You can setup all your data for your various networks this way manually one by one if you want. Notice the number of steps for one network hence the reason for netmanmac.

To connect to a network we suggest you go to NM then Wifi Settings, then click on the network you want to connect to.

Musket Teams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2017-01-11 at 09:03.

How can i create a connection with spoofed mac via command line?

To fuscher

MTeams has not researched making a connection through a terminal window

There is a command call nmcli.

Type nmcli --help

You could read the man pages for NetworkManager. If you find a way please post it for others

There is a method thru the Network Manager config file. It is a very recent post. It allows you to have Network Manager use the spoofed mac address made by macchanger and not override it.

Go to the following thread

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-boot-up/page2

Read hon3yb33 on page 2

MTeams

THX for prompt reply.

Any chance to make a spoofed connection to a open AP without Network Manager GUI and without command line (nmcli) after check kill? I have follow hon3yb33 code in Kali 2016.2. After reboot mac is spoofed (ifconfig). But in the Network Manager GUI (/Wi-Fi Settings/circle various network/identity) and in the "various network"-config file is my permanent mac and not the spoofed mac.

I have also testet Netmanmac. Auto connections are deleted, but no spoofed mac in Network Manager GUI.

To fuscher

MTeams has not checked hon3yb33's work and cannot comment.

MTeams rechecked netmanmac in kali 2016 R2. The cloned mac address was entered correctly in the file and NetworkManager showed this mac address in the drop-down menus and ifconfig also mirrored the same spoofed mac address.

MTeams is unsure of your question. Do you mean you want to restore NetworkManager after using airmon-ng check kill. If that is the case MTeams just posted a thread on this matter.

Thanks for the answer.
    Needed network has status "Connect automatically", but "available for other users" was unchecked. I checked this option and now it connects automatically without root logged in.

What is the name used for netmanmac install on command line? Typing this does not work:

# apt-get install netmanmac

I also tried netmanmac1-3, netmanmac1-4, netmanmac1-4.sh etc.........

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBozo View Post
    What is the name used for netmanmac install on command line?
    Read the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBozo View Post
    Typing this does not work:

# apt-get install netmanmac

I also tried netmanmac1-3, netmanmac1-4, netmanmac1-4.sh etc.........
    Netmanmac isn't in the APT-Library.

This was driving me crazy. Great job!! And thank you for sharing int he community