Hello Guys (and Girls),

Admittedly I am new to Kali and Reaver, but in the past I have been able to crack all IT problems and challenges, but this time I have to pass.

Introduction

Am using a Samsung ATIV Book 9 NP940X5J-K01US with Intel Core i5-4200 CPU @ 1.6GHz 2.3GHz with 8GB RAM and Windows 10 Home with 64-bit. My Wireless Card is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 with driver 18.11.0.8 (in Windows).

I have downloaded Kali in its full 64-bit version (2016,1) from here: https://www.kali.org/downloads/ via torrent and checked the checksum.

I am mounting Kali via a bootable USB, not vial Virtual Machine. Thereafter I run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade. From time to time I have also tried to add the additional bits and pieces found here: https://evilzone.org/high-quality-tutorials/wireless-auditing-with-kali-linux-aircrack-ng-reaver-and-pixiewps/ being reaver-wps-fork-t6x-master and pixiewps-master.

I have not tweaked my own MAC address, as it does not appear to be mission critical.

In the beginning I do
airmon-ng
and
airmon-ng start wlan0

Then I kill the three disturbing services one by one and run
airmon-ng start wlan0
to ensure that the monitor mode is enabled.

So far, so good.

Now I have to mention my three problems and the other things that do work.
Working:
airodump-ng wlan0mon --wps
returning expected result.

Not working:

Problem 1:
wash -i wlan0mon
returning all the expected results but *all* RSSI values are 00.

Problem 2:
aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (MAC) wlan0mon
returning repeated reply (and nothing else): Sending Authentication Request (Open System)
if I do a
ipconfig wlan0mon up
it is returning: Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID MAC) on channel 3 - the channel is correct as previously set by me
and if I do another
ipconfig wlan0mon down
it is returning (again) repeated reply (and nothing else): Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

Problem 3:
reaver -i wlan0mon -c6* -b (MAC) -K 1 - vv
*The channel number is set by me as established in wash or in airodump-ng
Returning:
- Switching wlan0mon to channel 6
- Waiting for beacon from (MAC)
At a few rare occasions is has returned:
- Switching wlan0mon to channel 6
- Waiting for beacon from (MAC)
- Associated with (MAC) (ESSID: XXX)
- Trying PIN 12345670
- Sending EAPOL START request
- WARNING: Receive timeout occurred
- etc.......

Obviously I have tried to add other factors like -d5 -S -N and rarely also -E and -W...but no luck.

My suspicion is that my three above problems are interdependent and/or interrelated. I have extensively searched all data bases and forums - with no luck. I know that everyone is busy with their own stuff, but if anyone can help me out here, I am quite happy to pay for a couple beers.

Thank you! Merci! Tack! Tak! Danke! Dankie! Grazie! Gracias! Koszonom! Multumesc! Spassiva! Salamat Po! Shukran! Asante sana! Arigato! XieXie! Gam-sam ni-da!

Franco