Thread: hard drive crash need help with reinstall

hard drive crash need help with reinstall

Not to sure where to begin but my main hard drive is practicly dead. Its where my grub is instslled I have to tap on it to get it ro pull upthe grib menu. I had windows 7 installed on it and kali on a 80gb. And I have and extrA 500gb hard drive plus a 16 flash drive. Kali usually fails to boot properly if I shut it down instead of just holding my power button and usually is out of space.

On my flash drive I have kali 32 bit mini. It would not list my hard drives only the flash drives needless to say but I tried to indtall it and now its bunk and useless. I can get to the command line on kali rescue mode after about 5mins of tapping. It wount go to graphical mode it failes to connect to socket and if I try to install anything its out of space but I can increase my tmpfs folder size and still install stuff.

What I need and yes I've googled allot but nothing I find is realitive to my situation. But I need a guide or anything on how to reinstall kali through its command line to the flash drive or my one working hard drive. It doesn't even have to be kali as long as it runs stable and I can boot to it.

I do have an high speed internet connection but nothing to download to I.e laptop or another pc I am on a cell phone now.

So can this be done? I need to reinstall kali or any other os using kali rescue mode command line. I do not care about saving data at this point cause I am ready to smash my pc. And all I need to do get a os on it so I can get windows 7 back on it.

Hahahah Chillax!!!!

listen so you have 3 Drives

at the time of boot process the system is confused what to boot on now listen

is this all drives connected via SATA or ATA or IDE cable ?

Next what ever type of connection it is IDE will be considered Primary type of connection

so their will be little switches on the HDD so one HDD must be Master and One HDD must Bear the Slave Key configuration

So from which you want to boot or install that wid be Master

So do a regular install after making this hard settings

if all HDD are connected through same SATA oe ATA cable still this config must be done its called "HDD MASTER & SLAVE switch"

You know after this do a regular installation

here is the guide

http://docs.kali.org/installation/ka...d-disk-install
    ################################################

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in