Thread: Best USB Wifi Adapter 2016

Question Best USB Wifi Adapter 2016

Hi there,
    I just have a quick question. I have been looking at some wifi adapters that are compatible with Kali Linux and are available for me to buy in Mexico (where I currently live). Shipping isnt an option for me at the moment so I have to buy it here. I have been using my Laptop built in adapter but its too range and performance limiting to get anywhere. So I looked around a bit and found a possible adapter which is quite affordable and might work, my question though is if its compatible with Kali Linux and if you would recommend me buying it. Its a Tp-link 300mbp Tl-wn8200nd. (http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/d...-WN8200ND.html). I am just a bit overwhelmed with all the options, so if you have another idea for an wifi adapter that is really good let me know.

Thank you so much, hopefully somebody can help me with this.

TheUnriashol
    I speak one language, 10100. With that I can steal your money, your secrets, your sexual fantasies, your whole life, any country any place, any time I want. We multitask like you breathe.
    -The Core (2003)

This is a Kali-Linux support forum - not general IT/infosec help.

Useful Commands: OS, Networking, Hardware, Wi-Fi
    Troubleshooting: Kali-Linux Installation, Repository, Wi-Fi Cards (Official Docs)
    Hardware: Recommended 802.11 Wireless Cards

Documentation: http://docs.kali.org/ (Offline PDF version)
    Bugs Reporting & Tool Requests: https://bugs.kali.org/
    Kali Tool List, Versions & Man Pages: https://tools.kali.org/

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Hi there,
    Thanks for the response! sadly I can only get one of those here in Mexico, the Alfa AWUS036NHA. But they want like 10 times the price you would have to pay in the US. Thats why I was asking if the Tp-link 300mbp Tl-wn8200nd. (http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/d...-WN8200ND.html) is any good? That one is way more affordable here.

Either way thanks for sending me that link.

- TheUnriashol
    I speak one language, 10100. With that I can steal your money, your secrets, your sexual fantasies, your whole life, any country any place, any time I want. We multitask like you breathe.
    -The Core (2003)

Hmm so nobody has experience with the Tp-link 300mbp Tl-wn8200nd and Kali Linux? I gues I will have to buy a cheap Chinese copy of the Alfa AWUS036NHA and hope that it works.
    -The Core (2003)

Before buying any wi-fi adapter, be sure to check the chipset against those mentioned on the forums (both here and at the aircrack-ng website).

As long as the chipset is compatible (i.e. does monitor mode & packet injection), you should be good

Quote Originally Posted by grid View Post
    Before buying any wi-fi adapter, be sure to check the chipset against those mentioned on the forums (both here and at the aircrack-ng website).

As long as the chipset is compatible (i.e. does monitor mode & packet injection), you should be good
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply. Yeah makes sense! I just read that some adapters can read handshakes a bit better and faster than others. So that is why I was interested in knowing if anybody had experience with the Tp-Link adapter.

Either way, thank you for the tip. I gues I will have to check if the chipset is compatible and then try it out.
    -The Core (2003)

you're telling me that they don't have the TL-WN722N in mexico?
    http://www.tplink.ca/en/products/det...722N.html#down
    I'd turn a rock anywhere and probly find one of those. TL-WN722N is more common than coconuts. For an Alpha, that's alot more difficult, even if someone is willing to pay alot for one, they are simply not there.
    Last edited by Quest; 2016-03-10 at 19:25.
    Kali Linux USB Installation using LinuxLive USB Creator
    Howto Install HDD Kali on a USB Key
    Clean your laptop fan | basic knowledge

Hello TheUnriashol, I looked at wikidevi.com and it says the TL-WN8200ND has a RTL8192 chipset. That chipset is never going to work properly for injection, not in any of it's myriad variations!
    I wish you could buy from Ebay... I always suggest the X-Media NE-WN3212D.
    But as for one of those chinese imitation Alfa's... someone sold me one which looked genuine but had the wrong chipset inside. Still, it worked pretty well! lol

any simple adaptor with chipset rt3070 or ar9271 is good.

Does the TP link Wireless adapter: TL-WN823N work on Kali Linux for Penetration testing.

Hey man, im from Mexico too, you can buy the TL-WN722N in Amazon.com.mx or in Mercadolibre it is The most common wireless card you can found it anywhere and it works perfectly in Kali, by the way if you see the Asus USB n13 DONT BUY IT!!! it is super expensive and doesnt work at all, good luck and if you already buy one tell us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyGamingHD View Post
    Does the TP link Wireless adapter: TL-WN823N work on Kali Linux for Penetration testing.
    I think it doesn't work good, i got an Asus usb-n13 with the same chip set that the TL-WN823N (chipset RTL8192CU.) and i had too many problems whit it, if you are looking for a stealth wireless adapter i would recommend you this Panda PAU05 2.4 GHz but if you don't care about the stealth, the Alfa AWUS036NH and TP-LINK TL-WN722N are PERFECT for kali. if you want to check out other wireless adapters look that they had this chip sets (Atheros AR9271, Ralink RT3070, Ralink RT3572) that are the best for kali, also you want to check if the adapter can be able to go into monitor mode and do packet injections.

Good luck

Hey plzz tell me which wifi is beter b/w these two
    1. TP Link tl-wn722n
    2. LB Link bl-wn190ah (Ralink 3070)
    Plzz reply fast i m going to buy it

rk, the tp-link.

Anyway, here is how you test if a card work: Injection test with aircrack-ng: http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=injection_test