Hi. I have installed kali and done all the updates as well as a couple of programs. I am happy with kali as it is running stable. Now before i make a hash of kali i would like to back it up to a live cd...I down loaded kali and renamed it binary.iso and put it in a folder in root called work. I then ran theses commands in a shell window. It is suppose to write all my system files back to the kali live cd so i can install my system the same as you would a kali live cd. I have ran these commands and it all works and i booted and yes i can install but i have a small problem...when i run this command..... rsync -a / myfs/ --progress --exclude=/{work,cdrom,mnt,media,sys,proc,tmp}/ It all starts up and begins its process of copying my files to the work folder...The problem is it never stops. I could leave it for 3 days and it just keeps going like its on a loop. The cursor never comes back to [email protected] driving me bonkers because it must be something very easy to fix.....Here is all the commands i run

#open a terminal

# switch to root directory
cd /

# create a work folder
mkdir work

# change to the work folder
cd work

# move your previously downloaded/created live image (binary.iso) to the work folder

#extract binary.iso to use it for our custom image
mkdir iso
mkdir temp
mount binary.iso temp/ -o loop
rsync -a --progress temp/ iso/
umount temp/
rm -rf temp/

# remove the old squash from the unpacked iso since we will build a new one from our filesystem
rm iso/live/filesystem.squashfs

# make a directory to contain a copy of the filesystem
mkdir myfs

# copy our system to the myfs folder, exclude a few odds and ends
# exclude other items as needed
rsync -a / myfs/ --progress --exclude=/{work,cdrom,mnt,media,sys,proc,tmp}/

# create a few folders we excluded, just in case they are needed
mkdir myfs/media myfs/sys myfs/mnt myfs/proc myfs/tmp

#make the squashed filesystem
mksquashfs myfs/ iso/live/filesystem.squashfs

# make the new ISO
genisoimage -r -J -l -D -V "customCD" -o mysystemcd.iso \-cache-inodes -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso/

or like this for more larger iso
genisoimage -r -J -l -D -V "customCD" -o mysystemcd.iso \-cache-inodes -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \-no-emul-boot -allow-limited-size -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso/

# or you can play even looser with the standards
genisoimage -r -J -l -D -V "customCD" -iso-level 4 -o mysystemcd.iso \-cache-inodes -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso/

#or this if the size is larger
# if you copy/paste the above commands be sure not to have a space after the \
genisoimage -r -J -l -D -V "customCD" -iso-level 4 -o mysystemcd.iso \-cache-inodes -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \-no-emul-boot -allow-limited-size -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table iso/

Then the iso is in the work folder and ready to burn

Thanks for taking the time to look over this.