Thread: If you have no sound on Kali try this

If you have no sound on Kali try this

Go to packages and search for alsamixer then when it all comes up you will see 5 programs i used Alsa mixer for Gnome then went to applications and pressed Gnome Alsa icon and clicked the mute buttons to off....Back to youtube and all is playing very good. Also if you cant play youtube vids go to Iceweasel addons and search for youtube flash video player 44.2 its the first one that comes up with a red icon install it...You can look in preferences for it under extensions and set it to html5 as i have it set or flash player both seem to work...Happy cracking lads

I did the same thing and it work perfect. i been trying to get a volume button on the status bar but haven't been able to get any of the GNOME shell extensions to work. anyone know how?

Also i forgot to say if you are on kali rolling this is the way to check the speaker icon is on.....Click the applications icon lover left of screen then click settings then click sound and you will see at the top is a speaker bar to the right of it is a little button in a slider. Slide that to the right so the blue bit lights up and it will come back on the top of your task bar top right of screen