Thread: Kali build on intel atom based tablet (Android-x86)

Kali build on intel atom based tablet (Android-x86)

So after seeing Kali on my OPO, a friend wanted to try and put it on his Onda V919. The pad runs an atom processor and dual boots windows and andriod 5.1.1 via Android-x86 project. As such I told him I didnt think it would work as kernel would be different and hardware support might be lacking. As a concession, I told him I would ask here as I'm not an Android guru.

Any thoughts on this?

what ever you suggested is right

if that device dosen't have a official image from kali.org

some things may work somethings may not work
    ################################################

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in

Quote Originally Posted by nickkilla View Post
    So after seeing Kali on my OPO, a friend wanted to try and put it on his Onda V919. The pad runs an atom processor and dual boots windows and andriod 5.1.1 via Android-x86 project. As such I told him I didnt think it would work as kernel would be different and hardware support might be lacking. As a concession, I told him I would ask here as I'm not an Android guru.

Any thoughts on this?
    Currently, NetHunter installer will run on any arm/arm64 device using Android boot images & TWRP. (with kernel port being necessary for the majority of interesting penetration features)
    As the Onda V919 runs Windows, it most certainly does not use Android boot images and probably is not compatible with TWRP.

It should be possible to install the NetHunter apps & apk on your Android partition right now, as well as pull the x86 binaries and libraries and whatnot from the NetHunter installer repository.
    You can (maybe, I haven't tested) build the NetHunter chroot using the nethunter-fs/build.sh file (adjust it to build for i386 instead of arm).
    You will have to manually extract the chroot to /data/local/nhsystem/kali-i386/ on his system using tar xJpvf.

None of us has tested this, so it will very likely take a lot more work than what I've written here. (you need to find a way to port your kernel too!)
    Good luck!
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono