Thread: Dual boot after reinstalling windows

Dual boot after reinstalling windows

Hello i have had dual boot with Kali linux 2.0 and Win 7 but then i reinstall Windows and boot menu gone,and i cant turn on Kali linux now,so what i should do to have dual boot again? thank you

once you install windows on it certain textures in boot record will be lost

so follow the dual boot installing guide here in this link

here : http://docs.kali.org/installation/du...i-with-windows
    ################################################

|
    /vvvvvvvvvvvv \-------------------------------------------------------------------------,,
    |^^^^^^^^ /===================================--""

----------The quieter you become,The more you will able to hear-----------
    Venkatesh L Sharma https://twitter.com/1337in

but i have some files on kali linux it lost? so there is no way to add some boot records without install a new copy of kalil inux?

If you haven't deleted the Kali partition, you might be able to use grub or gparted from a live CD to access the Kali hard drive partition.

i have not delete Kali partition,but can you tell me how can i do this...and can i do it with Bootable Flash drive?

Make a persistent usb flashdrive boot the flash and you should be able to read the data on the linux partition and move what files you want to the persistent usb or another device to include your windows partition.

Before you do another dual boot download FIXMBR, it supports Win 7. If your linux goes bad just restore your windows MBR using FIXMBR, use a program like Acronis Disk Director to erase the Linux partitions and again reinstall linux. You can have a new Linux Operating system is less then 1 hour. As to which linux to load read the following:

With respect to kali linux MTeams is down to only one(1) functional kali linux 2016.1R. All our hardrive installs of 2016 have gone wonky to the point of useless. Only one persistent usb install of 2016 remains functional and we use that only to test scripts nothing operational. All our Hard Drive installs of 2016 had to be ripped out and kali 2 reinstalled. After that everything was normal again. So before you install 2016 think about it a bit.

mmusket33 is right. after upgrading from sana to 2016, it lasted less than 2 days. then, another fresh downloaded 2016, lasted almost one week. now i only have sana dual boot with win7 updated and upgraded, a vmware sana only update, no upgrade and a kali 1.1 live usb. the 2016 rolling was for me worse than win vista between xp and 7 (that said also with respect to kali linux)