Thread: where is the kali installer AFTER I've booted into live usb

where is the kali installer AFTER I've booted into live usb

I need to boot kali live and install from within the fully booted live usb. Not the installer option or the graphical installer option from the live usb grub menu. But, fully boot into the live usb, into gnome then begin the installation. Such as the ubuntu live usb installer has right on the desktop "install ubuntu".

I can't find the installer after I've booted into the live usb fully into gnome. Does anyone know where the installer is after the live usb has been fully booted into gnome?

I checked google for a few hours and the kali forums for about 20 minutes and all I could find was choosing an installer from the live usb grub menu. I did find a thread on google that says go into system and select "install kali" but that option is not there.

Im trying to encrypt dual boot Windows and Linux (both OS's encrypted) and have been successful with other distros that have a live session installer. Thus the above question.

I've been following the guide here: http://thesimplecomputer.info/full-d...on-with-ubuntu

But as you can see in step 5 it says that i cannot leave the live session. I was completely successful with Ubuntu, Mint, Debian but they all have live session installers. Does Kali have a live session installer? I cant find it anywhere.

I've also searched all over for dual boot instructions without live session and have not ben able to find anything. All theinstructions specify using the entire drive and LVM. I need to do manual partitioning... since its dual boot...
    Last edited by zaileion; 2016-03-07 at 16:04.