Thread: Problem With Folder File Path

Question Problem With Folder File Path

I'm running Windows XP Pro on an old HP 6730s laptop. When I need to use Kali Linux 2.0 sana I boot into it on a compact disc. I have a copy of a huge wordlist: crackstation.txt.gz tucked away on my 'My Documents' folder in Windows. Crackstation.txt.gz weighs in at 4.19 GB so there is no way for me to copy it to my usr/share/wordlists folder in Kali.

How do I access crackstation.txt.gz from Kali? What is the file path?

If you did a standard dual-boot Kali install, I think the default for the Windows partition is /dev/sda2

An easier way would be to start the GUI file explorer, and click Other Locations. You should see your Kali partition there, named Computer, and your Windows partition as xxx GB Volume (where the xxx = size). Just double-click that, and the Windows partition will be mounted automatically.

I found another answer all on my lonesome. The file path from a Kali terminal to crackstation.txt.gz, on my Windows box is:
    media/root/DDDXXAA3FYYE721F/’Documents and Settings’/’All Users’/Documents/Kali_Share/crackstation.txt.gz
    My issue, I was not knowing you have to surround folder names including spaces with a pair of apostrophes. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

No problem, glad you got it