Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: apt-get update running very slow

cool! it worked for me.I have a connection of 4Mbps but I was getting only 25Kbps...It sucks

It is working for me too now! However I am just new to Linux Kali.... and earlier my source list contained some sites for some Taiwan.... and after running apt-get update command and rebooted the system the whole system was damaged and I was not able to see the Linux coming.... I reinstallled the same and tried to figure out what went wrong and came to know about source list.... after changing lot of times it was showing same taiwan thing again and again.... then I used the above posted http://repo.kali.org/kali.... Just have this question is it safe now?

Quote Originally Posted by mehrajwani712 View Post
    It is working for me too now! However I am just new to Linux Kali.... and earlier my source list contained some sites for some Taiwan.... and after running apt-get update command and rebooted the system the whole system was damaged and I was not able to see the Linux coming.... I reinstallled the same and tried to figure out what went wrong and came to know about source list.... after changing lot of times it was showing same taiwan thing again and again.... then I used the above posted http://repo.kali.org/kali.... Just have this question is it safe now?
    There should only be one entry of repository in your sources.list. Multiple entries or duplicate entries can make kali crash again. The repository shown in this thread is official kali repo. Make sure that all other links in your sources.list are commented out using #.

The one from taiwan is the kali linux mirror set up by volunteers. Mirrors are closest to your geographical region and they reduce latency.