Thread: Kali wont start, stuck at kali login:

Kali wont start, stuck at kali login:

Hello everyone. I'm a debian user. I've got an HP mini 200 i want to install kali as only distro on it. so I've make the installation through usb. but my installation won't start and stuck at the last process. with the mention:
    Kali GNU/Linux Rolling kali tty1
    kali login:

and the mouse's cursor moving between up left corner of the screen and the middle.

I've tried so many thing but nothing worked. some ideas to help me?

For info,I can launch the live mode without problem, from the same USB storage.
    Last edited by Ebisumaru; 2016-03-13 at 01:08.

read this post
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-Kali-2-0-Sana
    and pass first 3 steps again
    also I recommend to once again format whole hdd
    Repetitio est mater studiorum

Thanks for answer. I just can't understand the point 5. How can I load it? Stop it?.

I have this same problem on a Fujitsu U820. Runs fine from USB, but same pointer looping behavior you described. I have installed twice, single boot system.

I see that both the HP mini and the Fujitsu have Intel GMA graphics chips, and someone posted that a 2014 version didn't work with their GMA machine: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...MA-3150-driver

but...since it works from the USB this may just be coincidental

Does your HP have a touch screen? Mine does...just looking for commonalities
    Last edited by robotwoods; 2016-03-22 at 02:28.

I am experiencing same problem with dual boot lubuntu and kali live. Works fine as live boot but install hangs at login with jumping pointer. I am using a Dell mini 1010N with plenty of RAM and disk space. No cures yet but thought I'd weigh in so you know you're not alone with this problem.

Open folders EFI - BOOT. Open syslinux.cfg with a text editor. Change "vesamenu.c32" to "menu.c32".

That always works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by juxtaposition1997 View Post
    Open folders EFI - BOOT. Open syslinux.cfg with a text editor. Change "vesamenu.c32" to "menu.c32".

That always works for me.
    How do i get into the EFI-BOOT to change syslinux.cfg?

i have the same problem here with my asus 1025c notebook
    it always stuck at login tty1 with the pointer move like crazy

i think i have install it correctly just like the kali official website tutorial

sorry for my bad english, i hope there is someone here who can help.

Kali gnu/linux rolling kali tty1 stuck

I had a similar issue above installed Kali Linux 64 bit Mate it installed right then the it got to the below part.

Kali GNU/Linux Rolling kali tty1 for me it was Tester because that's what I named the asset
    kali login:
    Password:

The login will be root and the password will be the password you entered on install if fr some reason you didn't its will be "toor". After that you'll get to t the root terminal root@kali:~#
    So there are a couple of links above that mention updating and upgrading what I found out upon further research if you seeing that error your graphic user interface GUI is not installed correctly. So basically you'll need to make sure your Ethernet cable is plugged in and connected to the internet using the the correct commands. Once its connected then use the following as reference https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...Kali-Linux-1-x. I ended up trying gnome got errors so I used ## XFCE Desktop #.#. It ended up working and haven't had any issues since. That cleared the issue up for me.

press Ctrl + Alt + F2 .. if existing login screen and the mouse cursor does not move back to the top and to the center directly on the contents of the root username and password that you fill in when first installed linux .. if the mouse moves again upwards dkiri and ketengah, press Ctrl + Alt + F2 again until it can fill in the username and password, if already logged in as "root @ localhost"
    press "Ctrl + " repeatedly, ignore if the mouse moves to the top left and center, hold down "Ctrl + "
    personal experience .. and succeeded. I use the Acer Aspire One D270