Thread: Help please! Intel 7260 wireless card injection with backports!

Help please! Intel 7260 wireless card injection with backports!

Please help, I've been at my computer for hours fixing dependency errors, kernel headers and things(bearing in mind I've only ever used Linux these past 3 days) but now I've finally come to a problem I can't find a solution to. I have an Intel 7260 wireless card in my Dell Latitude E5440 laptop. Being a WIndows user I've never even known what injection was until 3 days ago! But I've now dual booted Kali Rolling and I am hoping there's a fix that'll stop me from having to buy a separate wireless card.

There are no Intel chipset cards on aircracks compatibility site but I've seen that apparently I can use Backports(previosly compat-drivers) to build my own driver. The issue I have come up against now is that when I navigate into the folder and run the command 'make' I get the following error

root@kali:~/Desktop/backports-3.11-rc3-1# make
    Generating local configuration database from kernel ...Makefile:10: *** mixed implicit and normal rules: deprecated syntax
    Kernel version parse failed!
    Makefile:40: recipe for target 'modules' failed
    make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
    Makefile:30: recipe for target 'default' failed
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    I've also tried sudo even though I'm root and it gives the same error.

Can someone please explain to me how I can fix this, I've found http://www.spinics.net/lists/backports/msg03264.html this patch but I have no idea how to implement it.

Please help by either informing me of how to fix it using the patch or how to enable injection any other way.
    Also if possible as I'm trying to get my Computer Science degree and want to go into cybersecurity(which all seems to be Linux based) could someone explain to me how the patch or fix works as I'm interested in learning.

Thank you very much, I hope there's a fix!

I admire your stamina for sticking with this, especially as you are new to linux That being said, with respect, I think you are in way over your head.

I strongly suggest you get a compatible wireless card (they can be bought for around $50 USD), and save yourself a lot of aggravation. There are threads in the forums which list a number of compatible cards, which work with Kali out of the box.

Lol thank you, yeah I'm considering getting the TP-Link TL-WN722N adapter but I feel like I've been defeated if I don't find a way to at least try and use the patch. Any information on how I can try and use it before I go ahead and buy the card?

I've never tried to do kernel patching or driver backports. To pull this off, I believe you'd need to be an expert linux user. I'm definitely not there