Thread: Kali linux important files got deleted

Kali linux important files got deleted

Hi guys, I am new to Kali Linux but eh ... I am eager to learn.
    Anyway, I managed to install it today using USB. The thing is, I noticed that Kali has muted sound on default. I searched to find a way to change that. And I came across this ... http://hackerzelite.blogspot.rs/2014...ali-linux.html . So, I did what he said (I know, baaaad move). It appears packages he told me to install are outdated. Somehow, in installation process, some of files I had got deleted. Now, for example, there is no color in my terminal. (when I type ls for example). Or I can't even start iceweasel normally but I have to write it in terminal... And I don't even know how many more problems this has caused me. Btw I am having Kali and Windows 7 (dual boot).

So, my question is, what can I do? I guess Kali doesn't have system restore or something like that. Is there any easier fix than reinstalling Kali completely? And how hard is it to reinstall it anyway? If someone could point me to the right direction, I would be very grateful.

I think the cleanest fix is to reinstall.

you have to backup first to have a restore. kali linux is not setted for mainstream use, but for live CD security testing. so.. grid gave you the best solution