Thread: Kali 2.0 RPi3 Arpspoof Error

Kali 2.0 RPi3 Arpspoof Error

hey,

I just installed the official RPi 3 Kali 2 Image. It works fine (except for some wlan interface - wifi only worked if eth0 was plugged in but this one is solved)

As soon as i use arpspoof e.g
    Code:
    arpspoof -i wlan0 -t 192.168.1.14 192.168.1.1
    i get this error

Code:
    libnet_write_link(): only -1 bytes written (Invalid argument)
    i think because of this error ettercap and MITMf also fail and i have no idea why...

if i use arpspoof on raspbian it works fine...

edit: if i use arpspoof on eth0 it works fine....and with the default network/interfaces file i cant get wifi without a ethernet cable plugged in...

i hope that someone can help me.
    Last edited by Shonenx33; 2016-03-24 at 16:09.

I'm not sure about your wifi without ethernet cable plugged in; can you post the dmesg output?

The /etc/network/interfaces file mentions nothing about the wifi device, it's strictly ethernet related.

Can you post output of dmesg BEFORE plugging in the ethernet by "dmesg -c > dmesg.before-ethernet" and then once you plug in ethernet and wifi works, "dmesg > dmesg.after-ethernet"; and paste them both here please?

I haven't tested the rpi3 rigorously, because while the processor is 64bit, the software is stuck being 32bit because the rpi foundation is lazy and they released it far before it was ready, and if they don't care about the device, why should I? But that being said, I do want to figure out your networking issue, so please provide the output of the commands requested!

dmesg.before-ethernet
    Code:
    [  373.602160] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link down
    dmesg.after-ethernet
    Code:
    [  313.842718] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1
    i got a weird thingy goin on now. if i start the pi i cannot ping my wifi ip(192.168.1.45) but if i ssh once via ethernet(192.168.1.38) i can ping the wifi ip and use ssh via the wifi ip(only if i sshed using the ethernet ip simultaneously) very strange...

Where is the rest of the dmesg output? Please provide *all* of it, not just the smsc portion. That is extremely unhelpful in debugging.

Quote Originally Posted by steev View Post
    Where is the rest of the dmesg output? Please provide *all* of it, not just the smsc portion. That is extremely unhelpful in debugging.
    Thats it only those two lines i double checked just one line i have no idea what went wrong...i tried the dmesg part again but still only one line..

Weird, the first time you run dmesg -c it should post everything up and then clear it; okay, if you can reboot, then run dmesg and post that output please?

i tried the dmesg before and after ethernet thing again and i think it worked.

dmesg.before-ethernet: http://pastebin.com/2Rg5mfSb

dmesg.after-ethernet:
    Code:
    [   92.640622] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
    [   92.653264] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xCDE1
    and i rebooted and used the dmesg command and i think it showed the exact same output as before-ethernet but here it is: http://pastebin.com/pqEN8QrE

Well, kind of; I see the device there, I don't see anything in particular that would suggest it isn't working though. Can you check the logs and see if there is anything in there please?

Also, just for giggles, does it work if you boot without the usb devices plugged in?

Nope it doesnt work without the usb devices only if i plug in ethernet.... wifi works fine if i use berryboot and install kali from there. if i use a external usb wifi adpater arpspoof works fine on wlan1(the usb adapter)....

there are no helpfull logs regarding wifi.... i kinda gave up on this one (i use berryboot now)
    Last edited by Shonenx33; 2016-03-27 at 15:52.