Thread: Laptop drivers/Kali

Question Laptop drivers/Kali

Hello,

I have an old laptop where i used Ubuntu frequently but my mother's laptop is almost dead(Pentium 4) so i'll give the one i have and buy a new one for me. I'll start using Kali instead of Ubuntu, i know it's a testing distro but i'd like to investigate that distro to learn more from it.

The first thing i care about in a laptop is his design. From all the laptops i've seen there are only 2 or 3 that came to my attention.

Razer Blade Stealth 12', Macbook air 11' and Chromebook Pixel.

The one i liked most is no doubt the razer blade. However i did some research and looks like it has some driver issues with Linux concerning the touchpad and the wifi. Do you know if this will be something fixable or if the linux community will do something about it ?

I like OSX, i prefer OSX then Windows, but my point here is to use Linux. Since Apple products can be squishy sometimes, will there be any issues using Linux in a macbook air ?

I had a laptop before with wifi issues, not detecting drivers etc... I just have to be sure of the laptop and of the drivers before buying one.

If someone can advise me would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks and regards,

Hi mrland,

I appreciate your advise but as said before, i'm only interested in these 3, specially the Razer one, unless there are no possibilities to make these laptops work stably with Linux i prefer to leave other laptops out of my radar.

With thanks and regards,