Thread: Nexpose and Kali Roling

Nexpose and Kali Roling

I tried to install NeXpose on Kali Rolling 2016.1
    However the installer can't complete as it says that Kali Rolling is not supported.
    Tried to make some research but I can't find anything on it.
    Any one, any idea?

Thank you

stefano

I have a quick hack for this and am in the process of testing. I fully expect to get loads of errors, but will update once I see and/or resolve them.

Do not expect this to fully work, as I am just tricking the installer. However, since Nexpose resides inside of a .jar it should be quite easy to resolve any problems.

*** If Kali is in a VM TAKE A SNAPSHOT. If it's not in a VM, don't even attempt this ***

1. Make backup copies of /etc/lsb-release and /usr/lib/os-release
    2. Modify /etc/lsb-release with previous Kali information:
    Code:
    DISTRIB_ID=Kali
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=2.0
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=sana
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Kali GNU/Linux 2.0"
    3. Modify /usr/lib/os-release with the following:
    Code:
    PRETTY_NAME="Kali GNU/Linux 2.0 (sana)"
    NAME="Kali GNU/Linux"
    ID=kali
    VERSION="2.0 (sana)"
    VERSION_ID="2.0"
    ID_LIKE=debian
    ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
    HOME_URL="kali.org/"
    SUPPORT_URL="forums.kali.org/"
    BUG_REPORT_URL="bugs.kali.org/"
    4. Nexpose and the existing installation of Postgresql have a port conflict, so you will have to resolve that.
    5. If the installer hangs when it attempts to launch itself, it is probably due to the port conflict.
    6. Once the installation is complete, you must revert your system info files back or "bad things" will happen.

It worked MASTER
    Thanks

You can also use Rapid7 official workaround by running the installer without the kernel checks:

"./NeXposeSetup-Linux64.bin -q -overwrite -Vfirstname='Nexpose' -Vlastname='VA' -Vcompany='Rapid7' -Vusername='nxadmin' -Vpassword1='nxpassword' -Vpassword2='nxpassword' -Vsys.component.typical\$Boolean=true -Vsys.component.engine\$Boolean=false -VinitService\$Boolean=false

*** Make sure to change the information in this command to match the customers information."

This information can be found at https://community.rapid7.com/message...#comment-21947

thank you!!!! you're awesome for this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amorandi View Post
    You can also use Rapid7 official workaround by running the installer without the kernel checks:

"./NeXposeSetup-Linux64.bin -q -overwrite -Vfirstname='Nexpose' -Vlastname='VA' -Vcompany='Rapid7' -Vusername='nxadmin' -Vpassword1='nxpassword' -Vpassword2='nxpassword' -Vsys.component.typical\$Boolean=true -Vsys.component.engine\$Boolean=false -VinitService\$Boolean=false

*** Make sure to change the information in this command to match the customers information."

This information can be found at https://community.rapid7.com/message...#comment-21947