Thread: Permission Denied Every Single Command

Permission Denied Every Single Command

Okay guys I have a very annoying issue and was really hoping someone would have a solution for me! So I installed Kali Linux on my Galaxy Go Prime (Att's version of grand prime) using linux deploy. After messing with the install alone for a long while I finally got it installed. So I login with the user and pass I specified with linux deploy and I get in fine. I am able to open all the tools, changes settings etc... but when it comes to the terminal (lxterminal) I cannot do anything. No matter what command I use it returns permission denied. This includes all sudo commands I try to run...even if they arent sudo commands they dont work. I cant do a single command no matter how harmless the command. Ive tried countless google searches and ive turned up plenty of issues with not being able to use sudo commands etc... so of course i tried the solutions for those but to no availe. I havent found a single thread about someone that cant do a single command. Maybe im just not searching in the right place? I do have access to ssh by the way. I will post any logs, pics etc that u may need. Thankyou in advance for all the help! Ps: im not sure if i am logged in as root or not but i assume i am not being that i cant do anything.

Do you have your install setup to auto login? If you can get to a terminal, run id. That will at least tell you how you are logged in.

did u try sudo su in terminal