Thread: Nexus 7, 2013 LTE (deb) CM 13 (6.0.1 Marhsmallow) - slow and black home screen

Nexus 7, 2013 LTE (deb) CM 13 (6.0.1 Marhsmallow) - slow and black home screen

Hello!

I have a Nexus 7 LTE 2013 tablet (deb), which had Nethunter 1.0 with kitkat installed on it working fine. After some time of not using the tablet, I decided to flash the latest and greatest of Nethunter - which now is 3.0 and according to the github page support CM 13 6.0.1! (the page lists the non LTE version (flo) - but it worked before on deb so why would support be dropped).
    So I followed the necessary steps (twice):
    1. Install the latest release version of CM 13 (20160418 in my case).
    2. Install pico gApps (for ARM).
    3. Boot and configure minimally
    [Backup nicely working installation]
    4. Flash Nethunter (nethunter-flo-marshmallow-3.0.zip)

After booting from step 4 - the installed boot screen is laggish. Then it comes slowly to the home screen - which is just black with 3 buttons on the bottom (return, home, menu). I can hold the power button and after some lag the power menu shows up. Same lag applies to clicking any of the 3 buttons. In short it is laggish as anything (I had a similar issue with lollipop in Nethunter 1.1).
    Before attempting step 4, I also enabled developer options (on my second run) and root for apps and ADB - all to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated,
    ~confuded

the CM builds are separate from the stock builds, so flo on CM would be flocm. We don't have many flocm testers so I haven't gotten much feedback on if it's stable or not.

the wiki is actually currently updated to 3.1.0's status, we should probably make a duplicate wiki for development/release differences...
    (or maybe we only need another device support table!)
    Last edited by jcadduono; 2016-05-04 at 08:21.
    Member of the Kali NetHunter developer team. You can contribute to Kali NetHunter too!
    We accept pull requests!
    Find my GitHub account: jcadduono

So where do I get it officially?
    I found a list from a Google search here on idlekernel. But thats only 6mb for flocm - i guess its just the kernel?
    Should I use the installer?

Thanks for the feedback!
    ~confuded

This will double post, since my first post is being approved...

So I found your installer - and having little understanding of how kernels and filesystems are built and which are needed - ran the build.py script (on my Mac) with: python build.py -d flocm -m -f
    I see now the zip is named "update..." and is 63.2mb in size - elementary deduction tells me this is not something to simply flash over my current installation of CM so I am missing something...
    You also have the "nethunter-fs" folder with a script and a readme there, should I build the fs on kali (a vm) and then flash that and only then flash the update?
    Sorry for the new questions - I'd be happy to read some explanatory material on what exactly is going on...

~confuded