Thread: Grey Screen After Login

Grey Screen After Login

So I just did a clean install of Kali. After installation when it reboots and i have to log-in it accepts the login information then moves to a grey screen with just my mouse cursor on it. Any idea what this is or why it does it? I've sat and waited to see if its just a slow loading process, but nothing happens. It just stays on this grey screen. After a bit of searching I found the ctrl+alt+f2 for opening the desktop but that does exactly nothing. ctrl alt f3 returns me to the terminalishy thing (Im new dont judge me too hard), and after that going back to the F2 returns me to the grey screen.

I have exactly the same issue. Need help please.

Same issue here. Doesn't look like any answers are forthcoming. Anyone?

Guys, what are your video cards?
    I'm having same situation right now that I installed NVIDIA driver on a fresh Kali 2016.1 using http://docs.kali.org/general-use/ins...-on-kali-linux
    Weird thing is that at first time, I was not getting this delay (in my case it's just a delay of around 30 seconds) after driver install. I start to get this grey screen delay recently.

Yes that worked. I had an aftermarket nvidia card on my comp. After I removed it I got my desktop back. I wasn't even useing the card

EDIT: Well it worked but then the mouse stopped working swaped to ps2 and reboot back to the same problem.
    Last edited by maiki; 2016-06-07 at 08:10. Reason: Merge posts